Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kirjava

Rate the Single Cover: Results!

20 hours ago, Kirjava said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_On_Over_Baby_(All_I_Want_Is_You)

The original album version was basic af, so they re-recorded it (along with WAGW) with more R&B inspired vocals. In the re-releases of the album those new versions were included, so almost nobody knows the original versions anymore. moo1

Here they are if you want to give them a listen:

Reveal hidden contents

I have a version of the album with the single edit of "What a Girl Wants," and "Come On Over (All I Want Is You)." Haha. So they re-issued this album at least twice.

12 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

6 / 10

LOVE this song. The cover does it no justice. They should've done something like this, up close up:

Reveal hidden contents

50335491898_38338c7066_o.jpg

I personally hate the entire Mi Reflejo photoshoot. It's so fucking basic. dead2 They just took pics of her behind the scenes of the COOB music video and called it a day.  And that grey dotted background... orangu1

I use this fanmade cover for the album:

Spoiler

DGJKVpI.jpg

Same concept, but so much more visually appealing imo. aretha1

5 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

I personally hate the entire Mi Reflejo photoshoot. It's so fucking basic. dead2 They just took pics of her behind the scenes of the COOB music video and called it a day.  And that grey dotted background... orangu1

Can you blame RCA, though? I can't.
Why would they invest in a project which was not going to be as mainstream as the self-titled project?

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

Can you blame RCA, though? I can't.
Why would they invest in a project which was not going to be as mainstream as the self-titled project?

Check my edit. jj2

Well, Mi Reflejo was fucking massive in Latin America, and provided her with an almost cult-like following in the Spanish speaking word. So I wouldn't say it was a bad investment. aretha1

2 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Well, Mi Reflejo was fucking massive in Latin America, and provided her with an almost cult-like following in the Spanish speaking word. So I wouldn't say it was a bad investment. aretha1

Oh, I'm not denying its success in Latin America.
But, in terms of domestic success, which is what I am sure the top bosses were focused on, they probably saw Mi Reflejo is an investment not working marketing much into, unfortunately.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.