Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

'The Bodyguard' remake may be coming, starring a "very popular singer"

don't want bey. TLK was a travesty so no more acting from her pls. 

Rihanna would kill it but she should focus on what she doing now (ignoring her music career with clothing and beauty lines)

I'd like to see Ariana for some reason. some of y'all think she's a terrible actor but I don't think Ive seen her act since Victorious?

don't want Gaga cos she already did ASIB. this would be too soon for another film. 

imagine if it was Ava Max fall8

don't think Billie would go into acting yet if at all (she is 18/19 now so she's not a minor anymore

lemme think of who else it might be

edit: thought of Tay and Dua. not sure how Dua would act but I think Tay might act well. I've never seen the original so idk. 

didn't Cardi B just say that she was approved in an acting role recently?

3 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Maybe it's Jennifer Hudson

Funnily enough she was also mentioned, along with Leona Lewis. But I don't either of them are very popular.. anymore dead1 

Interesting. I don't think Beyoncé or Rihanna would do it at this point of their careers? I think about, as said earlier, someone like JHud or even Brandy at this point if they want a black woman to be "replacing" Whitney.

23 minutes ago, Snow said:

Funnily enough she was also mentioned, along with Leona Lewis. But I don't either of them are very popular.. anymore dead1 

Have never heard of Leona again since Bleeding Love cry9  Jennifer Hudson is kinda an icon though

The original is a "classic" but honestly not a great film by any means. While it's a guilty pleasure and personal favorite of mine, there was no chemistry between Kevin and Whitney and the acting was average. 

If they turn up the budget, make it more an action-thriller, and choose good actors, I think the remake could really be good.

As for who should be cast in the Rachel role (or whatever they call her), I don't want Beyonce or Rihanna. Tbh I can't think of anyone else who would be a good fit. I think Ariana would be a good choice but idk if she has the acting chops. 

17 hours ago, Snow said:

"The Bodyguard" remake rumors have been swirling for some time now, with Beyonce and Rihanna frequently touted as the top contenders for Whitney's role.

Sis they said "singer" not "amateur beautician"

On 1/18/2021 at 5:26 AM, Princess Aurora said:

Is it a good idea ?ari9

It can really be improved upon as a movie so it could be a brilliant idea. The Boydguard is not a good movie...they could make it one though. 

I saw the movie about a year ago

there's gonna be pushback regardless of who the actress will play the main role since Whitney is now a dead icon but the movie is 90s paced...aka a lot of boring dialogue that doesn't add much to the plot line. definitely a lot more action would need to be added like @Teenage Wet Dream said to separate itself from the original but also being modern.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.