Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Gay Onlyfans star's house torched as he slept in suspected hate attack

matthew_camp_fire.jpg

The Poughkeepsie, New York home of Matthew Camp, the gay NYC go-go boy turned adult performer, burned to the ground late last week in what is being called a hate crime. Camp, who is safe, was asleep in the home at the time it was lit ablaze.

Wrote organizers of a GoFundMe page for Camp: “In the early morning of January 14, 2021, Matthew Camp’s home shared with his friend Six Carter was targeted in an apparent hate crime where an unknown person poured gasoline on the front porch creating an explosion that woke Matthew up giving him moments to get himself and roommate out in safety. The entire home eventually burned for  3+ hours leaving no personal possessions salvageable inside. Camera footage caught the attack (see below) and the perpetrator is being sought for attempted murder by the authorities.”

According to the Daily Mail newspaper, the fire surged for 90 minutes. Neither Camp nor Carter was harmed in the fire. There were “no personal possessions salvageable inside”, Carter wrote in a GoFundMe which has raised more than $30,300 to “rebuild” Camp’s life and replace torched belongings. The authorities are treating the incident as “attempted murder”, Carter said.

The house was also well-known, according to The Poughkeepsie Journal, because its former owner was a Satanist and the house had come to be known locally as “The Halloween House”.

x

16 minutes ago, Kai said:

That is so sad. It saddens me that LGBTQ+ people are still being targetted for just being who they are. 

I still hear stories of gay guys/couples getting bashed in Sydney. brit1

Yeah and it's even worse in certain parts of the world where they can still be legally prosecuted gaga1

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Yeah and it's even worse in certain parts of the world where they can still be legally prosecuted gaga1

That's true. There was a news video I saw some time last year where a UK guy went to one of the middle eastern countries and got jailed because he accidentally touched a man and they thought he was gay. brit1 

It's why I would never go to the middle east... brit1

Just now, Kai said:

That's true. There was a news video I saw some time last year where a UK guy went to one of the middle eastern countries and got jailed because he accidentally touched a man and they thought he was gay. brit1 

It's why I would never go to the middle east... brit1

Yeah I've heard about that, I think that was in Dubai. It's insane truly. dead2 

Dubai is a gorgeous place, but I don't think I'd go there for that reason alone. Because at this point it hardly even matters if you're straight or gay. dead4 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Yeah I've heard about that, I think that was in Dubai. It's insane truly. dead2 

Dubai is a gorgeous place, but I don't think I'd go there for that reason alone. Because at this point it hardly even matters if you're straight or gay. dead4 

Here I thought Dubai was a more "accepting" country out of the Middle Eastern countries. 

I don't know if you know her, but Gigi Gorgeous also got held at the airport because they knew she was transgender. brit1

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Here I thought Dubai was a more "accepting" country out of the Middle Eastern countries. 

I don't know if you know her, but Gigi Gorgeous also got held at the airport because they knew she was transgender. brit1

Honestly that's an illusion, just like a recent Twitter discourse where someone said Bali was "LGBT friendly" (it's not) dead1 

Not tooo familiar with Gigi but I've heard of her yes! Honestly I don't know why any out LGBT person would WILLINGLY go to the Middle East. Trans especially, seeing as they still face threats even in many so-called first world countries. dead2 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Honestly that's an illusion, just like a recent Twitter discourse where someone said Bali was "LGBT friendly" (it's not) dead1 

Not tooo familiar with Gigi but I've heard of her yes! Honestly I don't know why any out LGBT person would WILLINGLY go to the Middle East. Trans especially, seeing as they still face threats even in many so-called first world countries. dead2 

brit1 Is Indonesia like Malaysia where it is more predominantly Islamic? 

People think the same for Thailand because of all the gay TV shows and transgirls, but honestly I think in society, it's still taboo to be gay. 

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

brit1 Is Indonesia like Malaysia where it is more predominantly Islamic? 

People think the same for Thailand because of all the gay TV shows and transgirls, but honestly I think in society, it's still taboo to be gay. 

We are the biggest Islamic country in the world, yes. dead2 

One of our states, Aceh, passed a sharia-based anti-homosexuality law a while back that punishes anyone caught having gay sex with 100 lashes. That was a REALLY scary time because I saw a lot of people demanding the rest of the country to follow them rip4 thankfully we never did, but we still remain pretty hostile to LGBT people in general. Trans women even more so. 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

We are the biggest Islamic country in the world, yes. dead2 

One of our states, Aceh, passed a sharia-based anti-homosexuality law a while back that punishes anyone caught having gay sex with 100 lashes. That was a REALLY scary time because I saw a lot of people demanding the rest of the country to follow them rip4 thankfully we never did, but we still remain pretty hostile to LGBT people in general. Trans women even more so. 

Oh yes, I definitely read about people getting lashes for getting caught having gay sex... I wasn't sure it was Indonesia... brit1 That is really scary, tbh. 

Just now, Kai said:

Oh yes, I definitely read about people getting lashes for getting caught having gay sex... I wasn't sure it was Indonesia... brit1 That is really scary, tbh. 

Yeah, and you can get in legal trouble if you're caught engaging in any same-sex activities too, even if it's just holding hands rip4 and even if you don't get punished legally through law, the people will beat you up. So you can't risk it really. We are still very backwards indeed. brit1 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Yeah, and you can get in legal trouble if you're caught engaging in any same-sex activities too, even if it's just holding hands rip4 and even if you don't get punished legally through law, the people will beat you up. So you can't risk it really. We are still very backwards indeed. brit1 

This still happens in countries where homosexuality is legal... I can't remember which European country specifically, but a lesbian couple got beat up on the bus or something last year. brit1 

A lot of gays remain discreet too because of the stigma related to it. Also some gays won't hold hands in public no matter what. brit1 

1 minute ago, Kai said:

This still happens in countries where homosexuality is legal... I can't remember which European country specifically, but a lesbian couple got beat up on the bus or something last year. brit1 

A lot of gays remain discreet too because of the stigma related to it. Also some gays won't hold hands in public no matter what. brit1 

I remember that, it was in London. I don't think this is an issue we'll see solved in our lifetime really (if ever) brit1 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.