Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Shawn & Camila are reportedly engaged

Well this is all I have to say on it. 

I'm not a fan of her. I don't think I ever will be. But I can't pretend that she's not done wonders for his mental health. He played it off but mentally he was in a really bad place for a long stretch and she genuinely makes him happy. He's become noticeably more content and happy in his life and while I can't say I like her, I like what she does for him. And because of that, I can congratulate them. And we can judge all we want, joke all we want, but everyone deserves to be happy so at the least we can celebrate that they do give each other happiness. 

And I really don't wanna hear this whole "how can a gay man marry a woman" bullshit, stop forcing a sexuality onto someone creeps. 

4 hours ago, Entea said:

I thought this entire relationship was a publicity stunt shock1

Congrats to them both tho clap3

Engagements can be publicity stunts too aura1 When was the last time we heard from Copa Cabana?

21 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Well this is all I have to say on it. 

I'm not a fan of her. I don't think I ever will be. But I can't pretend that she's not done wonders for his mental health. He played it off but mentally he was in a really bad place for a long stretch and she genuinely makes him happy. He's become noticeably more content and happy in his life and while I can't say I like her, I like what she does for him. And because of that, I can congratulate them. And we can judge all we want, joke all we want, but everyone deserves to be happy so at the least we can celebrate that they do give each other happiness. 

And I really don't wanna hear this whole "how can a gay man marry a woman" bullshit, stop forcing a sexuality onto someone creeps. 

Can't say I 100% see what you're saying... He still seems really panicked about being perceived as gay. Perhaps that is what's causing him to want to hurry up and marry... And as many of us have discussed here, no one's trying to "push" a sexual orientation on him; he just doesn't do himself any favors when he confronts the subject and sounds combative and insecure, as if he is gay and not fully accepting of himself. And we all say this because most of us went through it, too.

As for Camila, her image and career is as good as dead to me and to many others after the racism scandal. That really was the nail in the coffin for me personally, as I already didn't like her after she ditched 5H and left them hanging during an album release, as well as the lack of quality in her solo material... she really wasn't bringing much to the table to begin with, her voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard. If anything, a marriage to someone like Shawn would do more for her image, though I can't really see this working in the long run if true.

38 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Can't say I 100% see what you're saying... He still seems really panicked about being perceived as gay. Perhaps that is what's causing him to want to hurry up and marry... And as many of us have discussed here, no one's trying to "push" a sexual orientation on him; he just doesn't do himself any favors when he confronts the subject and sounds combative and insecure, as if he is gay and not fully accepting of himself. And we all say this because most of us went through it, too.

I can see what you're saying as well, I genuinely can. 

What I try to remind people is that whenever he's talked about it in interviews, it's never been something that he's brought up himself. He’s never gone out of his way to make sure it gets brought up so he can shoot down. It's always been a question that the interviewer has hit him with and after years and years of it happening, I can't blame him for getting frustrated with it. They have been asking him this highly invasive question since he was fifteen years old, a literal child. He never used to answer with anything other than a simple no but that turned out not be enough. He just gets pestered with it all the time. I know that to a lot of people it looks like he's panicked and everything but I genuinely just think he's done with the question and he has every right to be. Nobody wants to be constantly pestered about their sexuality, no matter what it is. People love to get mad at him for the responses he gives and just don't stop and think maybe he gives those responses because he's had to answer this same question for half a decade. 

He answered the question once and that should've been enough. Period. I just consider it a rude and invasive question. Not just to him but to ask anyone about their sexuality when they’ve not brought the topic up themselves is rude and it’s pissed me off to every celeb it’s happened to. 

As for rushing into marriage...this isn't really a rush to me. They've only been officially dating a year (that we know of) but they've been in each other's lives since they were teenagers so all things considered they've had some sort of connection, be it friendly or romantic, for around 7 years. 

I’d also have strongly disagree that no one pushes it on him. It’s not a big thing here but on social media it very much is. Chart data can’t post about him without hundreds of “when’s this faggot gonna come out” comments. 

Spoiler

Sorry if this is rambly, I’ve got the virus and had that Antibody Transfusion thing today and I’m really tired JSDHFGASJ

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.