Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

President Biden will sign 17 Executive Orders within the hour, 15 of them end Trump Era policies.

The Mess That Biden Must Clean Up Because of Trump - Cartoon Edition |  Awesomely Luvvie

President Biden is set to arrive at the White House of the first time within the hour, and he is set to sign 17 executive orders, 15 of which will directly end some of the most controversial advents of the failed one-term of disgraced former President Donald Trump: 

1.) End of the so-called "Muslim Ban" 

2.) Rejoining the Paris Climate Accords and the the World Health Organization

3.) End of the "state of emergency" that former President Trump called to divert funding to his border wall. 

4.) Strengthen the "DREAMERS" act. 

5.)  Strengthen workplace discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

6.) Count non-citizens in U.S. Census again.

7.) Actions to advance racial equity through the federal government. (Including throwing Trump's 1776 Commission where it belongs, in the garbage. 

8.)  End Keystone XL pipeline and revoke oil and gas development at national wildlife monuments.

9.) Continue "pause" on student loan payments until September 30

10.) Extend eviction and foreclosure moratoriums.

11.) Restructure federal government coordination to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

12.) Start a "100 Days Masking Challenge" 

Source

14 minutes ago, LÉON said:

There's only 12 on your list, did you pick your faves? aura1

The full list (some in the OP were combined):

1. 100 Days Masking Challenge
  2. Restructure federal government coordination to the COVID-19 pandemic
  3. Rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO)
  4. Extend eviction and foreclosure moratoriums
  5. Continue "pause" on student loan payments until September 30 
  6. Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement 
  7. End Keystone XL pipeline and revoke oil and gas development at national wildlife monuments
  8. Actions to advance racial equity through the federal government
  9. Count non-citizens in US census again
  10. Strengthen workplace discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity
  11. Defend DREAMERS program
  12. End the Muslim travel ban  
  13. Change Trump's arrest policies for ICE
  14. Stop border wall construction
  15. Keep protections for Liberians in the country
  16. Freezing last-minute Trump administration regulatory actions
  17. Formulate executive branch ethics doctrine

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-executive-orders-watch-live-stream-today-2021-01-20/

Just now, CHANEL #1 said:

The full list:

1. 100 Days Masking Challenge
  2. Restructure federal government coordination to the COVID-19 pandemic
  3. Rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO)
  4. Extend eviction and foreclosure moratoriums
  5. Continue "pause" on student loan payments until September 30 
  6. Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement 
  7. End Keystone XL pipeline and revoke oil and gas development at national wildlife monuments
  8. Actions to advance racial equity through the federal government
  9. Count non-citizens in US census again
  10. Strengthen workplace discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity
  11. Defend DREAMERS program
  12. End the Muslim travel ban  
  13. Change Trump's arrest policies for ICE
  14. Stop border wall construction
  15. Keep protections for Liberians in the country
  16. Freezing last-minute Trump administration regulatory actions
  17. Formulate executive branch ethics doctrine

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-executive-orders-watch-live-stream-today-2021-01-20/

A 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17 punch clap3

btw im glad he pushed back student loan payments but i really hope he pushes for forgiveness. Its the least he can do for the younger progressive wing of the party which played a huge role in his win.  nicki3

5 minutes ago, Gilly said:

btw im glad he pushed back student loan payments but i really hope he pushes for forgiveness. Its the least he can do for the younger progressive wing of the party which played a huge role in his win.  nicki3

I expect we'll see something like that, I think as the article notes, it would be something that needs to go through Congress. 

Luckily, Congress is under the control of people sympathetic to those views. 

13 minutes ago, Snow said:

Love this but "100 Days Masking Challenge" sounds a bit funny. Like is this a policy or a TikTok trend? orangu1 

I think putting "challenge" at the end of something just makes it more palatable to the TikTok/durrrr let's eat Tide Pods... people nicki5 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I think putting "challenge" at the end of something just makes it more palatable to the TikTok/durrrr let's eat Tide Pods... people nicki5 

As long as it gets people wearing mask I guess nicki5

But I looked it up and it said: "The executive order requires individuals to wear face masks and to practice social distancing in all federally-owned properties" so that doesn't seem like it'd be effective to the rest of the country.. but I guess enforcing a national mask mandate would cause a lot of trouble in the USA nicki5

1 minute ago, Snow said:

But I looked it up and it said: "The executive order requires individuals to wear face masks and to practice social distancing in all federally-owned properties" so that doesn't seem like it'd be effective to the rest of the country.. but I guess enforcing a national mask mandate would cause a lot of trouble in the USA nicki5

Yea, I think they just worked in the word "challenge" in order to convince morons that they want to do it now nicki5 

5 minutes ago, Snow said:

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yea, I think they just worked in the word "challenge" in order to convince morons that they want to do it now nicki5 

If I’m not mistaken, there isn’t even a mandate to wear them on Federal property. People were encouraged to wear them, but not required. I’m pretty sure that there is a mandate in there now. 

It’s a first step. I agree, it does strike me as kind of cringe, but it’s sooooo much better than doing nothing, or even mocking them.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.