Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Sabrina Carpenter responds to 'Drivers License' drama in new song 'Skin'

Lyrics:

Spoiler

[Verse 1]
Maybe we could have been friends
If I met you in another life
Maybe then we could pretend
There’s no gravity in the words we write
Maybe you didn’t mean it
Maybe “blonde” was the only rhyme
The only rhyme

[Pre-Chorus]
Want my heart to be breakin’, breakin’, no
I’m happy and you hate it, hate it, oh
And I’m not asking you to let it go
But you been tellin’ your side
So I’ll be telling mine
Oh

[Chorus]
You can try
To get under my, under my, under my skin
While hе’s on mine
Yeah, all on my, all on my, all on my skin
I wish you knew that еven you
Can’t get under my skin if I don’t let you in

[Verse 2]
You’re tellin’ it how you see it
Like truth is whatever you decide
Some people will believe it
And some will read in between the lines
You’re putting me in the spotlight
But I’ve been under it all my life
Said all my life

[Pre-Chorus]
Want my heart to be breakin’, breakin’, no
I’m happy and you hate it, hate it, oh
And I’m not asking you to let it go
But you been tellin’ your side
So I’ll be telling mine, mine

[Chorus]
You can try
While he’s on mine
I wish you knew that even you
Can’t get under my skin if I don’t let you in, oh
You can try
While he’s on mine
Can’t get under my skin if I don’t let you in, oh

[Bridge]
I just hope that one day
We both can laugh about it
When it’s not in our face
Won’t have to dance around it
Don’t drive yourself insane
It won’t always be this way

[Chorus]
You can try
While he’s on mine
Can’t get under my skin if I don’t let you in

intro-1610807251.jpg

Olivia Rodrigo's 'Drivers License' is strongly rumored to be about Rodrigo's relationship with ex and High School Musical: The Musical costar Joshua Bassett. Joshua is now dating singer Sabrina Carpenter, who Olivia also referenced in 'Drivers License':

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about

(Olivia Rodrigo, Drivers License)

The 'blonde' line was also directly mentioned by Sabrina in 'Skin' ("Maybe you didn’t mean it / Maybe “blonde” was the only rhyme").

Olivia and Josh were rumoured to be dating last year – something which was fuelled when fans uncovered a video of Olivia talking about how Josh took her driving for the first time, in a trip she said she’ll “always remember”. They never confirmed they were a couple but Disney fans assumed they’d split in summer after Olivia referenced a “failed relationship” on TikTok.

Joshua also previously released his new song just days after Olivia released 'Drivers License', titled 'Lie Lie Lie'.

13 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

sabrina ate her up! she's got the best song out of all this too true1

Sabrina kinda did that ngl true1 

I like all 3 songs though, but Drivers License's bridge is kinda unbeatable giveup3 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Sabrina kinda did that ngl true1 

I like all 3 songs though, but Drivers License's bridge is kinda unbeatable giveup3 

the classy draggings omg i'm not ashamed to say i'm living for this little feud true1

idk i can just listen to a lorde album and get full versions of that bridge, i don't see anything special from her or the song laura1

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

the classy draggings omg i'm not ashamed to say i'm living for this little feud true1

idk i can just listen to a lorde album and get full versions of that bridge, i don't see anything special from her or the song laura1

Right though, "Don’t drive yourself insane" is such a GOOD line like lmfao1 Sabrina going for the jugular

I'd agree with that but Lorde is still stuck in Antarctica so Olivia will be replacing her for the time being. true1 

Just now, Snow said:

Right though, "Don’t drive yourself insane" is such a GOOD line like lmfao1 Sabrina going for the jugular

I'd agree with that but Lorde is stuck in Antarctica so Olivia will be replacing her for the time being. true1 

"i'm happy and you hate it" like help? how do you come back from that lmfao1

that might be true but she is not replacing anyone! i hope this is successful for sabrina in the end, she deserves the attention true1

Just now, Hyun. said:

"i'm happy and you hate it" like help? how do you come back from that lmfao1

that might be true but she is not replacing anyone! i hope this is successful for sabrina in the end, she deserves the attention true1

Miss Sabrina was definitely a little bit angry when she wrote this, I really appreciate her telling Olivia she can't get under her skin while also flexing Joshua is on hers. Masterful! true1

That I can agree with, I feel like Sabrina has been around forever at this point. Been hearing her name since over half a decade ago. She's due for a big break, and we're also due for a big messy public relationship drama. Closest we've had was Lauv vs Julia Michaels and that was a bit meh cause Lauv admitted he was a dick and that fizzled too quickly. BORING! true1

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Miss Sabrina was definitely a little bit angry when she wrote this, I really appreciate her telling Olivia she can't get under her skin while also flexing Joshua is on hers. Masterful! true1

That I can agree with, I feel like Sabrina has been around forever at this point. Been hearing her name since over half a decade ago. She's due for a big break, and we're also due for a big messy public relationship drama. Closest we've had was Lauv vs Julia Michaels and that was a bit meh cause Lauv admitted he was a dick and that fizzled too quickly. BORING! true1

i mean i would be too! olivia lowkey painted her as the bad guy who stole her boyfriend and caused her heartbreak, she had a right to clap back! true1

right? and she's got so many cute bops that she deserves to be more well known. i can't wait for olivia's response song next friday and them keeping the cycle going! we'll get full albums from the three of them just like that true1

i mean i would be too! olivia lowkey painted her as the bad guy who stole her boyfriend and caused her heartbreak, she had a right to clap back! true1

right? and she's got so many cute bops that she deserves to be more well known. i can't wait for olivia's response song next friday and them keeping the cycle going! we'll get full albums from the three of them just like that true1

The lack of visibility in the complete story is definitely not working in Olivia's favor, cause now we can't 100% know if Sabrina really stole her man or if Olivia is just bitter that he's dating someone else. Or maybe Joshua is just a hoe, we'll never know. true1

Olivia is probably not going to respond to Sabrina's song, but she's definitely written more songs about Joshua. I want more tea on THAT! Not excited for a woman vs woman catfight. Drag the man! Can't wait for Olivia's EP true1

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

The lack of visibility in the complete story is definitely not working in Olivia's favor, cause now we can't 100% know if Sabrina really stole her man or if Olivia is just bitter that he's dating someone else. Or maybe Joshua is just a hoe, we'll never know. true1

Olivia is probably not going to respond to Sabrina's song, but she's definitely written more songs about Joshua. I want more tea on THAT! Not excited for a woman vs woman catfight. Drag the man! Can't wait for Olivia's EP true1

that's so true, from what it read to me it was just a breakup but olivia still loves joshua so she just went and felt her taylor fantasy but you never know true1

i just want cute songs from any of them, and for olivia to stop singing in cursive true1

the plot thickens laura1

Okay well from what I got from this is that Sabrina was trying it with Olivia when Olivia & Joshua were STILL in a relationship. Not a good look for Miss Carpenter! laura1

Just now, Snow said:

Okay well from what I got from this is that Sabrina was trying it with Olivia when Olivia & Joshua were STILL in a relationship. Not a good look for Miss Carpenter! laura1

it looks like everyone is a disaster in this relationship ngl laura1

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

it looks like everyone is a disaster in this relationship ngl laura1

Sabrina is a homewrecker true1 

Olivia is an immature 17 year old bitter over her failed relationship true1 

Joshua is a cheating slut who can't keep his dick in his pants true1 

Just now, Snow said:

Sabrina is a homewrecker true1 

Olivia is an immature 17 year old bitter over her failed relationship true1 

Joshua is a cheating slut who can't keep his dick in his pants true1 

period now can they please start serving us good music true1

• Replies 35