RihannaRTT

#PI Lounge

PI_Logo.png

Welcome to #PopIndustry! This #PI Lounge will give players a place to chat and discuss the event outside of Tootland. The opening post of this thread will also be regularly updated with new information; including a signpost of what to do next and some important links. Stay tuned for more updates! 

WHAT TO DO NEXT
Submit your Digital Store form for Week 5 - Due by March 7th (7pm UK Time)
Read the FAQ Thread (Ongoing)
Toot on Tootland (Ongoing)
Submit suggestions for Best Moment and Best Feud at the PI Awards (Ongoing)

S9 TAGLIST

@RihannaRTT @CHANEL #1 @Habits @Hyun. @edwinfg @sexotheque. @Feoba @Sour Candy @GlenCoco @Kai @Royalty @V For Vendetta @mylifelies @BabyMario44 @Lynk @Tahj @Chris Morlock @Simón. @Adamescence @Luca 

IMPORTANT LINKS
FAQ Thread
- contains everything you need to know about PI.
Weekly Releases Thread - for releasing music.
Trending Challenges Thread - contains a list of optional trending challenges.
#PI Drive - contains an archive of all things #PI, including the weekly charts.
Photo Editing Software - can be used for creating covers, other artworks or completing challenges. Free options include: Gimp, Pixlr or Photo Pos Pro.  

Welcome back everyone and welcome to our new players! If you're ever unsure what to do, check the OP of this thread! Feel free to discuss in here or ask any questions you have

Also, if anyone needs a validation code to get into their account. Please message me, I can get it for you. 

ps the domain is popindustry.org when logging onto the apps!

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

@RihannaRTT are we reopening the Demo Depot? i have a lot of fragments and stuff for lyrics im not fully confident in finishing myself/could use TDD as a collab writing session with other Pop Industry players' artist(s)

Most players don't really use it, but if theres a group of 5 or more who want it, then we could add it back. I'd advise just advertising for collabs on tootland. If you change the globe icon to the mail icon, that's how you do a private DM

4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Most players don't really use it, but if theres a group of 5 or more who want it, then we could add it back. I'd advise just advertising for collabs on tootland. If you change the globe icon to the mail icon, that's how you do a private DM

I've been dming on fotp for it sksk

another question. I can have two albums this season as long as the second one is non charting?

12 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I've been dming on fotp for it sksk

another question. I can have two albums this season as long as the second one is non charting?

You can have as many albums as you want. We don't have restrictions on that now, other than a 1 per week rule. 

What you can release each week:

1 Official Single OR 1 Remix of an Official Single
1 Official Album OR 1 Reissue of an Official Album
1 Promotional Single
1 Promotional Album
Unlimited Non-Charting Releases

Of course, just because you can doesn't mean you have to. Most people will be doing 1-2 albums max per season. 

Hi everyone! It's the start of a brand new week. Things will still be rather slow until sign-ups close on Friday, but in the meantime, there's a few things you can do. 

First, it's important to say that the OP of this thread will be updated every so often to reflect any new objectives; on Friday, we'll be opening Label Signups where you sign to one of six labels - Atlantic (Troye Sivan), Capitol (Katy Perry), Interscope (Lady Gaga), RCA (P!nk), Republic (Christina Aguilera) and Universal (Ariana Grande). Stay tuned for that and keep checking back regularly to this thread. 

Week 1 is an elongated week of 16 days to adjust for the sign-ups, whereas the follow-up weeks will be 7 days. Each week revolves around the same structure: Release Music -> Toot & Complete Trending Challenge -> Chart on Sunday. Every week you should release some music for your artist (in THIS thread). The other two important things weekly is 1) To complete a trending challenge for each artist (see THIS thread). This counts for 20% of your single and album sales, so it's important to complete one every week. And 2) Tooting on Tootland (popindustry.org). Your toot count reflects 30% of your single sales and 40% of your album sales weekly, so make sure to log on and toot whenever you can. You have until Friday each week (until February 5th for Week 1) to release music and complete your trending challenges. Your toots count right up until the chart comes out on Sunday each week.

Any questions, let us know. See ya'll on Friday!

@RihannaRTT @CHANEL #1 @Habits @Hyun. @edwinfg @sexotheque. @Feoba @Sour Candy @GlenCoco @Kai @Royalty @V For Vendetta @mylifelies @BabyMario44 @CharnyBoy @Lynk @Tahj @Chris Morlock @Simón. @LÉON @Adamescence @Luca 

Hi everyone! Today is the first official day of the season. There's four and a half hours until sign-ups close, and when they do, some new things will be happening. Firstly, we'll be opening Label Sign-Ups so everyone can sign to a label. Then, we'll also be launching a toot count update as the halfway point of Week 1's chart. Finally, we'll be going through each account and updating followers (meaning you can switch back to the Home timeline afterwards) and enabling Confirmation before Boosting. After which, it will be mandatory to have that setting enabled on your accounts. Reminder that only Billboard and TMZ accounts are allowed to boost. Finally, don't forget that you have until Feb 5th to release music for week 1 and complete a Trending Challenge, and that you should log into Tootland to up your tootcount in the meantime. Good luck, we'll see you later tonight!

@RihannaRTT @CHANEL #1 @Habits @Hyun. @edwinfg @sexotheque. @Feoba @Sour Candy @GlenCoco @Kai @Royalty @V For Vendetta @mylifelies @BabyMario44 @CharnyBoy @Lynk @Tahj @Chris Morlock @Simón. @Adamescence @Luca