Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

zack

Shallow bigger than 7 rings. Surprised?

Is that meant to be a revelation?...

One is an Adult Contemporary ballad linked to a very popular and heavily promoted movie franchise. The other is a fun Rnb/Pop song.

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

One is an Adult Contemporary ballad linked to a very popular and heavily promoted movie franchise. The other is a fun Rnb/Pop song.

That's not true. It's a country/folk ballad. The fact that it smashed in Europe while being folk/country is outstanding. 7 rings is a pop/trap song released in a time when rap is thriving. So no. Shallows success is more impressive. Shallow is still out streaming it despite being released earlier. 

Just now, Wonho said:

Now compare Ga's solo work with 7 rings gaga5

Ya'll think Shallow smashed because of Bradley? an actor? PF sold 20 million pure alone. BR sold 12.5 m pure sales. 7 rings is not even on there level. 

3 minutes ago, zack said:

That's not true. It's a country/folk ballad.

there's absolutely nothing folk about Shallow rip2 the closest it gets to is pop rock and it's still extremely radio friendly, let's not

2 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Yes, when's the last time she had a solo hit? gaga5

Million reasons #4- 500m streams, 1.7 million pure sales.... outstreaming work at the moment 

Always remember us this way- 545m streams- 800k pure sales

stupid love was a radio hit

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

there's absolutely nothing folk about Shallow rip2 the closest it gets to is pop rock and it's still extremely radio friendly, let's not

Shallow was only played by AC radio. It's not radio friendly at all. It had way less radio support then songs that didn't even enter the top 10... When was the last time a country esque song dominated european radio?? Nobody was expecting shallow to smash, especially in europe

7 minutes ago, zack said:

That's not true. It's a country/folk ballad. The fact that it smashed in Europe while being folk/country is outstanding. 7 rings is a pop/trap song released in a time when rap is thriving. So no. Shallows success is more impressive. Shallow is still out streaming it despite being released earlier. 

Shallow is Country Pop / Soft Rock at most, both of which are pretty much what Adult Contemporary is defined as. Shallow was clearly crafted to be very radio friendly and adored by middle aged mothers who drive SUVs. The fact is smashed in Europe (particularly the UK) isn't surprising at all. The song could've been released by P!nk or Sia when they were still relevant and had just as much success. 

1 minute ago, zack said:

Shallow was only played by AC radio.

I thought it wasn't Adult Contemporary? oprah3

13 minutes ago, zack said:
21 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

One is an Adult Contemporary ballad linked to a very popular and heavily promoted movie franchise. 

That's not true. It's a country/folk ballad. The fact that it smashed in Europe while being folk/country is outstanding.

Just now, Billie Frank said:

Shallow is Country Pop / Soft Rock at most, both of which are pretty much what Adult Contemporary is defined as. Shallow was clearly crafted to be very radio friendly and adored by middle aged mothers who drive SUVs. The fact is smashed in Europe (particularly the UK) isn't surprising at all. The song could've been released by P!nk or Sia when they were still relevant and had just as much success. 

It smashed in basically every european country.... France, Belgium, Hungary, etc. The UK isn't the only european country 😂 The last time a country song smashed was Love Story by my own fave. Even Love Story had a pop version for radio. Shallow had no pop version at all! 

3 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I thought it wasn't Adult Contemporary? oprah3

They claimed that it smashed due to the movie's success, which is false because it's still gaining 1m+ streams on spotify every day. It's not a typical AC ballad. Give me a song that sounds like shallow.... please 😂😂

4 minutes ago, zack said:

They claimed that it smashed due to the movie's success, which is false because it's still gaining 1m+ streams on spotify every day. It's not a typical AC ballad. Give me a song that sounds like shallow.... please 😂😂

It did smash due to the Movie's success though. If there wasn't a Movie under such a well known and loved franchise/name it wouldn't have been anywhere near as back. In the same sense My Heart Will Go On was huge because of the movie it was linked to. The movie primarily (although not entirely) gave those songs the exposure and momentum - not the artists. 

Someone You Loved pretty much appeals to the exact same demographic.

9 minutes ago, zack said:

It smashed in basically every european country.... France, Belgium, Hungary, etc. The UK isn't the only european country 😂 The last time a country song smashed was Love Story by my own fave. Even Love Story had a pop version for radio. Shallow had no pop version at all! 

I never said the UK was the only European country. What i said was that it isn't surprising it smashed in Europe, particularly in the UK... 

Shallow isn't a pure country song, it's country inspired yes, but so is Timber by Kesha, which was also a huge smash, or Old Town Road. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum is more authentically country than any of those and was a big hit in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

So being attached to a heavily promoted movie automatically gets a song billions of streams now? brit4 Beyoncé will be glad to hear brit4

52 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

It did smash due to the Movie's success though. If there wasn't a Movie under such a well known and loved franchise/name it wouldn't have been anywhere near as back. In the same sense My Heart Will Go On was huge because of the movie it was linked to. The movie primarily (although not entirely) gave those songs the exposure and momentum - not the artists. 

Someone You Loved pretty much appeals to the exact same demographic.

I never said the UK was the only European country. What i said was that it isn't surprising it smashed in Europe, particularly in the UK... 

Shallow isn't a pure country song, it's country inspired yes, but so is Timber by Kesha, which was also a huge smash, or Old Town Road. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum is more authentically country than any of those and was a big hit in Europe. 

Need You Now was not a big hit in Europe cheryl1

33 minutes ago, fab said:

So being attached to a heavily promoted movie automatically gets a song billions of streams now? brit4 Beyoncé will be glad to hear brit4

No, but there's no doubt that it was a huge contributing factor. Indeed in one of my later replies i did state "The movie primarily (although not entirely) gave those songs the exposure and momentum". 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.