Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Thoughts on the Weeknd's halftime show performance?

It was amazing, but I definitely expected much bigger especially since he worked on it so much that he had to spend an additional $7 million of his own money to perfect the performance. I'm not sure where that money went exactly because half of the show was just him running around.

41 minutes ago, Snow said:

It was amazing, but I definitely expected much bigger especially since he worked on it so much that he had to spend an additional $7 million of his own money to perfect the performance. I'm not sure where that money went exactly because half of the show was just him running around.

dead4

I also thought there was going to be something spectacular... like a giant robot or something

@Billie Frank

It was good! I think the setlist choices were excellent and really celebrated his career. The visuals were also very entertaining, the choir was epic and Blinding Lights on the field was a moment! However, the execution was unusually poor rip4 The song transitions were not great, the camera work was really off sometimes and let's not get started on the audio issues dead1 I know he was making a statement by performing the whole thing live, but taking into account that his stage presence is not great and potential audio issues, he would have really benefitted from some pre-recording! All in all it was an entertaining show, but I think he was so focused on making the performance be his "moment" so much that he did not avail of help that would've made this infinitely better! 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Boring and overrated.

It‘s a shame male artists can come with this shit and get away with it while female artists put in thrice the effort and get trashed regardless.

Not sure i agree. If you look at the last decade most of the female halftimes have been praised while the male ones have been criticised. 

15 hours ago, Snow said:

I think they were limited in what they could do due to Covid, that's the main reason they used the stands with nothing significant on the field as they weren't allowed to have as many production crew members are normal. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.