Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

Did Jlo have a part to play in the Mariah vs Tommy saga or was she just a pawn?

I assume we all know the story about how Tommy used Jlo to get back at Mariah for divorcing him. I also assume that we know the effect this had on Mariah and her career during the early 2000s. My thing is... did Jlo really have a part to play in it? Tommy was a powerful man with connections so he had connections whereas Jennifer was a new artist and a whole industry plant with no say in her career. This could also explain why she acts friendly or claims that her and Mariah have met many times. I'm not saying she's innocent nor am I saying she's guilty. I'm on the fence with this. I will acknowledge though that it's really fucked up that Mariah and all those other talented artists had their hard work snatched from them without their say. What do you think? Is she guilty or innocent? Did Tommy uses her as a pawn or did she have a role in Tommy's plan to ruin Mariah?

Image result for mariah carey jennifer lopez

She was complicit and fully aware of what was happening but I wouldn't be shocked if she was forced in to that position by the label/managers, specifically Tomato. Let's not forget it wasn't just Mariah they stole from but lots of black female writers/singers. 

I'm more bothered by the fact she still pretents and acts like nothing happened when we all know it did... 

4 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

She was complicit and fully aware of what was happening but I wouldn't be shocked if she was forced in to that position by the label/managers, specifically Tomato. Let's not forget it wasn't just Mariah they stole from but lots of black female writers/singers. 

I'm more bothered by the fact she still pretents and acts like nothing happened when we all know it did... 

I'm pretty sure Mariah is the only one who has actually said that it was a record label thing. JLo has just said "Yeah we've met before idk why she says that". Like, girl.

Maybe she'll read the book. 

I don't think she was blind to what was happening, but like @Billie Frank I've always kind of thought that she was probably not given much of an option in the matter. She was already famous yes but Tommy did have the power to end her if he really wanted to and she knew that so she just did what was expected. Now, all these years later, it's a bit of a different story. We all know what happened and her denial of it is frankly more damaging in my opinion than anything that actually happened because it throws up questions as to what's true and what's not and that isn't the conversation everyone should be having but alas. 

5 hours ago, Wonho said:

Yes, JLo did Moo dirty, and she will have to live with that guilt for the rest of her life.

But Moo has a grudge that doesn't end, once she hates someone, she will never make up with them. Most people let things go, but she doesn't, which is weird. 

I mean, Mariah's entire Glitter era was ruined, all her hardwork was taken from her and she was made to look crazy.  The whole incident almost drove Mariah to insanity. If that happened to me, whether Jlo meant to or not, I'd have a grudge too.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Wonho said:

But Moo has a grudge that doesn't end, once she hates someone, she will never make up with them. Most people let things go, but she doesn't, which is weird. 

I think once you understand the whole situation (it was more than just stealing music) you'd understand why there's still a grudge. I know if i was in Mariah's position i wouldn't want to see or hear about Jlo either. 

And i disagree about the last bit, generally Mariah hasn't shades anyone unless they've come for her first and she doesn't just randomly lash out about people during interviews. Whenever she's mentioned or talked about Jlo it's been when asked. The only time where i've thought Mariah's shade wasn't needed or unfair was when she talked about Celine at Diva's live, however i think that was just taken out of context. 

3 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

And i disagree about the last bit, generally Mariah hasn't shades anyone unless they've come for her first and she doesn't just randomly lash out about people during interviews. Whenever she's mentioned or talked about Jlo it's been when asked. The only time where i've thought Mariah's shade wasn't needed or unfair was when she talked about Celine at Diva's live, however i think that was just taken out of context. 

She spoke about Celine/Divas tribute situation more than once dead1 So definitely not taken out of context

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.