Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Britney watched the documentary and is allegedly working on one of her own

Britney Spears is “emotional” after finally seeing the heart-wrenching new documentary about her life, which has left her “hopeful she will finally be freed from the vice-like grip of her father” — and is working on her own version of her tale.

After celebrities and fans rallied around the singer following the release of the FX/New York Times doc “Framing Britney Spears,” a source close to the star exclusively told us, “Britney finally feels like there is light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.

“There are parts of the film that were too hard and emotional for her to watch — the scenes that describe the most difficult times of her life, the relentless media circus and the harsh focus on her as a young mother. But, she feels, for the first time in many years, that people are on her side and things will get better for her.

“She hopes that, because of this, she will be finally be freed from the vice-like grip of her father [Jamie Spears]. She is also very grateful and humbled by the public outcry, all the support from her fans and the celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker who have spoken out on her behalf.”

The New York Times’ “Framing Britney Spears” documentary covers the rise of Britney’s star, her mental health struggles and the mobilization of the #FreeBritney movement set in motion by her fans.

Page Six can also exclusively reveal that Spears, 39, is also quietly working on her own documentary about her life — said in her own words — with a top female filmmaker.

But under her current conservatorship, she fears her father could take control of the film to paint himself in a better light. She is battling in court to end her conservatorship under her father, which was put in place following her mental breakdown in 2007.

The source told Page Six of Britney’s father, “He is drunk with power over Britney’s life. She wants to work, she wants to make music and perform, but he is too controlling.

“He has set her up to fail. Britney hasn’t had the proper help she needs to be able to control her own finances, to fully deal with her mental health issues, to be the mother she wants to be.

“Jamie won’t let her have any freedom or responsibility over her own life. This summer, her father grounded her for three weeks because she dared to meet a friend for a socially-distanced walk on the beach and a heart-to-heart conversation. She’s 39 years old!

“He doesn’t want her to see her friends, he doesn’t want her to meet other people in the entertainment business, he tells her that everyone has bad intentions for her — when it plainly isn’t true.”

Even Spears’ boyfriend Sam Asghari is calling out Jamie Spears for allegedly “trying to control” his relationship with her.

“It’s important for people to understand that I have zero respect for someone trying to control our relationship and constantly throwing obstacles our way,” the 27-year-old said on his Instagram Story on Tuesday. “In my opinion, Jamie [Spears] is a total d–k.”

The fitness enthusiast, who is rarely this outspoken about his relationship with the pop star, added that he “won’t be going into details” about what caused him to speak out because he has previously “always respected our privacy.”

However, the Iranian-born actor concluded, “at the same time, I did not come to this country to not be able to express my opinion and freedom.”

Following his social media post, Asghari told TMZ on Tuesday that he “hopes” he can be on good terms with Jamie, 67, one day, “once he starts treating his daughter right.”

Britney, 39, has been dating Asghari since the pair met on the set of her “Slumber Party” music video in 2016. Aside from posting pictures from their various vacations, the couple is usually private about the intimate details of their relationship.

But he told People on Monday after the release of the film, “I am thankful for all of the love and support she is receiving from her fans all over the world, and I am looking forward to a normal, amazing future together.”

Although this is the first time Asghari has spoken out against Jamie, Britney has been vocal in court documents against her father being her conservator.

In November, Britney’s attorney, Samuel D. Ingham III, claimed in a hearing that the “Toxic” singer had become “afraid” of her dad and wanted him removed from her conservatorship. The next court date is Feb. 11.

Reps for Asghari, Jamie and Britney did not return our requests for comment.

x

I honestly don't know how she can make a documentary when the same article mentions that her father doesn't let her meet friends or other people in the industry. If anything comes out while she's still under the conservatorship it will be to benefit her team and handlers and paint her a in a bad light. She needs to do one after she is free! 

Also the story about Jamie grounding her for meeting a friend and isolating her from the rest of the world are signs of a toxic and abusive relationship. Jamie's time will come soon. He's over.true1

There’s no way she can speak freely and have it be released as long as she still is in the conservatorship. But I’m glad she wants to make one, we need to hear her side of everything.

Jamie is a vile cunt.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.