Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ISlayForX

Why do Lana Del Rey stans act like she's impactful?

On 2/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

Allie X, Kali Uchis, Billie Eilish, Troye Sivan, and Halsey have all at some point cited her as influence either on their sound or their image. That's not even to mention the mountain of articles that have been written by professional music journalists that have analyzed how much she shaped and influenced the modern music scene. Google is free sweetie, you could just do research before spouting off your nonsense. 

Adele - she went and got the same tattoo as her.

Lorde - She listened to Born to Die while writing her debut.

Taylor - Inspired by Norman Fucking Rockwell to create Folklore/Evermore

Miley Cyrus - has covered Summertime Sadness on several occasions.

Ariana Grande - asked Lana to be on Don't Call Me Angel

The Weeknd and Lana have a creative relationship that goes waaaayyy back.

Angeline Jolie handpicked Lana to sing Once Upon a Dream for Maleficent. Baz Luhrman picked Lana to sing the theme song for The Great Gatsby.

Several other alt singers have cited her as inspiration and even mentor.

7 hours ago, Madonna said:

Adele - she went and got the same tattoo as her.

Lorde - She listened to Born to Die while writing her debut.

Taylor - Inspired by Norman Fucking Rockwell to create Folklore/Evermore

Miley Cyrus - has covered Summertime Sadness on several occasions.

Ariana Grande - asked Lana to be on Don't Call Me Angel

The Weeknd and Lana have a creative relationship that goes waaaayyy back.

Angeline Jolie handpicked Lana to sing Once Upon a Dream for Maleficent. Baz Luhrman picked Lana to sing the theme song for The Great Gatsby.

Several other alt singers have cited her as inspiration and even mentor.

On top of that let me clock the OP with his own fave

lmao

On 2/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, Madonna said:

The fact Lana is a household name with 0 hits in the US, manages to draw in huge crowds in South America and other European countries at festivals, has been nominated for several Grammys and credited as an influence by many artists that came before AND after her says enough I think.

Born to Die is one of the longest charting female albums on the Billboard 200. She has been mentioned in TV shows and has been referenced in pop culture as THE alt pop girl. Like please...we wouldn’t be talking about her in here if she had no impact. It’s actually impressive she’s this big without any radio or mainstream support.

Not to be messy and derail but it's funny how you can give her all this credit, but discredit Mariah at every turn jj2

But you're still right, there's no reason to act like she didn't bring a WHOLE wave of alt girls with her last decade with plenty of impact to spare. I couldn't care less about the woman, but this thread was dumb.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:49 PM, Strobo said:

Not to be messy and derail but it's funny how you can give her all this credit, but discredit Mariah at every turn jj2

But you're still right, there's no reason to act like she didn't bring a WHOLE wave of alt girls with her last decade with plenty of impact to spare. I couldn't care less about the woman, but this thread was dumb.

The fact that all of it makes no difference whatsoever, she needed to happen first to then become an icon and then try to see if she reached the legend status but... none of it has happened.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.