ISlayForX

I have a feeling Christina will be the next

Do you think she will land the SBHTS?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

• Yes.
    • No.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Gabe. said:

chile calm your tits. i didn't say she had to DEBUT a song at the superbowl, instead the smart thing to do would be to release something beforehand, months, weeks, i don't know. i dare you do the exact opposite and name the most recent SB headliner that did decades old songs only. even Madonna had the Gimme All Your Luvin' release aligned to go with that.

don't forget Gaga with Million Reasons

Out of these 2 I think Xtina is more likely. Alicia released her album last year and we won't get anything new until mid 2022 or even 2023.
Xtina could release a new single or album before the SB, together with her hits she could make a great show.
I love her singing but the GP won't be here for over-singing. She would have to calm her down to make a good performance.

I dont think she is big enough anymore tbh. Most young kids just think of her as a TV personality. I hope if she does it that she actually works her ass off and doesnt deliver what she did in Vegas. Especially after Shakira, JLO, Beyonce, Madonna and Gaga. The standards for female performers are really high.

5 hours ago, COOKIES said:

I dont think she is big enough anymore tbh. Most young kids just think of her as a TV personality. I hope if she does it that she actually works her ass off and doesnt deliver what she did in Vegas. Especially after Shakira, JLO, Beyonce, Madonna and Gaga. The standards for female performers are really high.

Not being commercially big atm doesn't take away her legacy but she can always count on her so called fans to doubt and bash her.

18 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

Not being commercially big atm doesn't take away her legacy but she can always count on her so called fans to doubt and bash her.

Im not taking anything away from her legacy. I just dont think that most people are interested in seeing her at the Superbowl. She isnt popular enough.  Also the last couple of female performers set such a high standard that I dont think she would end up looking good. She just isnt the performer that she used to be. If she did it and slayed then I would be super happy and gladly admit that I was wrong but honestly the shor little PCD reunion performance was more impressive than anything Christina has done performance wise since 2010. So I dont really have a reason to get my hopes up. If this was a Grammys halftime show performacnce where she could get away with just standing there for 15 minutes I would have no doubt that she would slay it. 

18 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

It takes a lot of transparency to come here and imply that Christina is not one of the best performers in music, the nerve. 

That performane is 6 years old. Show me anything she did during the Liberation tour, Xperience or Xtour that was remotley Superbowl worthy.

1 hour ago, COOKIES said:

Im not taking anything away from her legacy. I just dont think that most people are interested in seeing her at the Superbowl. She isnt popular enough.  Also the last couple of female performers set such a high standard that I dont think she would end up looking good. She just isnt the performer that she used to be. If she did it and slayed then I would be super happy and gladly admit that I was wrong but honestly the shor little PCD reunion performance was more impressive than anything Christina has done performance wise since 2010. So I dont really have a reason to get my hopes up. If this was a Grammys halftime show performacnce where she could get away with just standing there for 15 minutes I would have no doubt that she would slay it. 

Then she is just no your type of performer. I do agree that her liberation tour was very half assed as whole as well as the x tour. The Xperience was aight but it lacked both more dudget and better coreography. There's one thing you need to understand though, these performers you speak of need to compensate their lack of vocal prowess with dancing and Lady gaga is by no means a decent dancer or better at it than Christina.

2 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

Then she is just no your type of performer. I do agree that her liberation tour was very half assed as whole as well as the x tour. The Xperience was aight but it lacked both more dudget and better coreography. There's one thing you need to understand though, these performers you speak of need to compensate their lack of vocal prowess with dancing and Lady gaga is by no means a decent dancer or better at it than Christina.

Christina is my cup of tea when she is just standng and singing. For me she was the total package up until 2010. I dont know what happened but none of her dancing has been impressive to me since then and unfortunatley women in the Superbowl have to work a lot harder than men. Of course they focus on dancing because they dont have vocal ability.. but thats the type of show the Superbowl is. 

This would be received 10x better than anything Christina did since 2010. 

Since her last Superbowl apperance was a disaster she would have to be PERFECT. She would have to show up looking the best she has, sounding amazing and dancing. The best thing about the Xperience was the Visuals... and thats kind of sad. Dont get me wrong. I loved every single ballad she did and was impressed with the vocals, but every fast song was cringy, lipsynced or sung by backup dancers.

(timestamped)

She is capable of more and its sad that after a decade of nothing she releases an album that she doesnt really promote and then half asses live performances too. If this is her passion and she loves it then why cant she show that? Where is her pride? I get that she probably had a smaller budget to work with but then work your ass off so that YOU shine. I mean look at her stage then vs. now. Who do you think is more enjoyable to watch? And its not because of age, nothing she did here dance wise was super difficult, but the energy was there and she wasnt half assing.