Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ISlayForX

Who is the queen of gay music?

Who panders to gay people the most through her music  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Ultimate gay music HBIC

• Cher
    • Madonna
    • Kylie Minogue
    • Dua Lipa
    • Britney Spears
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Beyonce
    • Jennifer Lopez

2 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

Dua Lipa does have more star power than Ariana, her celebrity is more international. Ariana feels very US centered and it is all due to her top notch manager. In the long run Dua Lipa will be the bigger star without a management team doing everything and then some to get high peaks in the hot 100. Dua Lipa is an artist, ariana is saldy just a brand. A shame she made the decision to go down that route with her beautiful voice. 

dead1 worms

34 minutes ago, Jake said:

... Oh my.

I'll just say this: Ariana has 7 #1s in the UK.

Dua has 2. dead2 

Ariana also has like triple the singles and albums tho.

there could be some truth to Dua perhaps becoming a bigger worldwide force than Ariana in the next few years but it very much depends on how Dua will play her cards and what Ariana's next steps will be. while Positions has had great numbers overall there are points made in that she's become quite US centered this era. 

my vote goes to Madonna.

11 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

there could be some truth to Dua perhaps becoming a bigger worldwide force than Ariana in the next few years but it very much depends on how Dua will play her cards and what Ariana's next steps will be. while Positions has had great numbers overall there are points made in that she's become quite US centered this era. 

my vote goes to Madonna.

The britney of her generation has already peaked and her peak hasn't been that impressive. She will start falling from now on whereas Dua is only getting started, come that album of the year grammy and it is game over for Ariana Grande.

18 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

my vote goes to Madonna.

I can agree with this certainly be a possibility, but currently? Absolutely not. She doesn't have the name recognition nor the chart prowess in her own home country where she's biggest to even compete with Ariana, and certainly not worldwide.dead2 I truly do love her however. She's doing it like no one else would bother in her generation.

4 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

Releasing how many albums? Ariana has had a cute run but Dua will obliterate her numbers with her next era.

2 vs 6, but Dua snatching 5 #1s to tie and 6 to pass in era 3? Not so sure about that dead2 She didn't snatch a single one with FN and it was her global domination era. Time will tell if she gets bigger but if she doesn't, there's no way she can even reach a fraction of Ariana dead2 

Just now, Jake said:

I can agree with this certainly be a possibility, but currently? Absolutely not. She doesn't have the name recognition nor the chart prowess in her own home country where she's biggest to even compare on a worldwide level dead2 I truly do love her however. She's doing it like no one else would bother in her generation.

2 vs 6, but Dua snatching 5 #1s to tie and 6 to pass in era 3? Not so sure about that dead2 

Dua is releasing her third number 1 this week tho... 

25 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

The britney of her generation has already peaked and her peak hasn't been that impressive. She will start falling from now on whereas Dua is only getting started, come that album of the year grammy and it is game over for Ariana Grande.

Y'all been saying Ariana peaked since TUN debuted at #1 and since then she's added 4 more #1 debuts to her catalog. Like please. How long are people gonna keep saying that when she proves you wrong orangu1

People collab with her to get hits and she can easily debut at the top whereas Dua has to have massive radio support for that to happen. Their album numbers also aren't comparable.  Dua just isn't up there in terms of fanbase and name recognition. And she isn't getting album of the year. 

1 minute ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Y'all been saying Ariana peaked since TUN debuted at #1 and since then she's added 4 more #1 debuts to her catalog. Like please. How long are people gonna keep saying that when she proves you wrong orangu1

People collab with her to get hits and she can easily debut at the top whereas Dua has to have massive radio support for that to happen. Dua just isn't up there in terms of fanbase and name recognition. And she isn't getting album of the year. 

Oh baby FN is album of the year and Ariana peaked with TUN the album. Her quick #1's with bieber and gaga mean nothing and she could still get a number one this era but she ran out of fuel because her core audience has grown older when you grow older you appreciate evolution and good sis has clearly not evolved.

Gaga and Kylie have the most gay-pandering sound.

Madonna’s genre-repertoire is too wide to consider her as THE MOST gay artist. Cher is similar in that aspect. She started becoming more gay later during her career, I guess.

Ariana is actually QUITE straight-pandering and she has the gays AND the straight girls on her side. That kind of isn’t the case with Kylie and Gaga. So it can’t be her either. Britney is also very similar in that regard.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, ISlayForX said:

Sadly i don't think Ariana has managed to do what Britney, Christina and Destinys Child and Beyonce later on did back in the day. These women completely owned the attention and Ariana is just out there. She lacks the actual star power, she has some beautiful gowns and great manager though...

Perhaps you don't realise it because you're slightly older but Ariana is by far the biggest and most influential Pop Star when it comes to Gen-Z's. It's not even a contest or up for debate... 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, Gilly said:

it depends on the demographic

middle aged to baby boomer - probably madonna and cher

millennials - britney and gaga

gen z - ariana

This is the only correct answer... 

23 hours ago, Jake said:

I'll hold you to that then!

I'm preparing my BGs thread already... bebe1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:14 PM, ajp said:

Carly Rae Jepsen demi1

She's like Robyn somehow. Especially during the Emotion/Dedicated eras she gained an LGBT fanbase that is similar to the Swedish singer. Carly is definitely the new Gay Icon from this generation along with many other Pop Stars

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.