Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ISlayForX

Let's settle this once and for all who is the bigger industry puppet?

Both of them are a brand crafter by their manager but who reigns supreme in that field  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger industry puppet

• Britney Spears (Her lack of input in her artistic decision and the obsession of her fans led to the destruction of a bonafide icon)
    • Ariana Grande (Evidently here for the quick little singles and chart manipulation. Truly a product of her manager)

Who is the bigger industry puppet in your books? Don't even try to use Ariana's voice to drag Britney because truth is despite having a gorgeous voice she is as much as puppet as Britney. Choose wisely and explain why.

PS: Don't try to deny facts folks, this isn't a question regarding if they are or not because truth is they both are, well in Britney's case she was.

Such random examples; I'd say people like Dua Lipa and Ava Max would make more sense for this kind of poll, to be specific. Evidently, you're here for the quick little hit threads and forum manipulation. Truly a product of desperation cloud1

probably britney but that's because she started younger and at a time when it was much harder to navigate the industry as a female pop star. The moment she got control, she delivered her best eras.. and I don't think Ariana has ever released an era as bold and interesting as blackout and in the zone. 

This is an idiotic thread. 

It's normal for artists to not have control for their first 2-3 albums. By the time when Britney had control with ITZ and Blackout it was stripped from her because of her personal life. She was on her way to make an interesting album with Original Doll. She would not be making records like Circus or FF if it was up to her. Britney's lack of artistic growth is because of her conservatorship situation not because she's an industry puppet or isn't capable. Plus the industry never supported Britney.

And Ariana is not an industry puppet since she makes the kind of music she wants. That's why she hasn't made My Everything x4 for the past years.

11 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

This is an idiotic thread. 

It's normal for artists to not have control for their first 2-3 albums. By the time when Britney had control with ITZ and Blackout it was stripped from her because of her personal life. She was on her way to make an interesting album with Original Doll. She would not be making records like Circus or FF if it was up to her. Britney's lack of artistic growth is because of her conservatorship situation not because she's an industry puppet or isn't capable. Plus the industry never supported Britney.

And Ariana is not an industry puppet since she makes the kind of music she wants. That's why she hasn't made My Everything x4 for the past years.

Now repeat this about a hundred times and see if you end up believing it yourself. How come Christina ditched her pop persona during her 2nd era? Wasn't Brtiney the one in the more powerful position?  Ariana much like pink has been releasing the same album for years now.

Honestly all pop artists are controlled in the beginning and/or when their career is shaky.

Xtina didn't have any control over her debut and probably just a little say in Lotus hen gaga6

I think Ariana is in way more control than Britney ever had the chance to be though, if that's what you're asking.

24 minutes ago, Gilly said:

probably britney but that's because she started younger and at a time when it was much harder to navigate the industry as a female pop star. The moment she got control, she delivered her best eras.. and I don't think Ariana has ever released an era as bold and interesting as blackout and in the zone. 

I think Britney has never had  any say on her albums but managed to have a better team than Ariana. Britney's age and time of debut did play a role but there's no doubt Ariana is the Britney of our times without the massive peak.

1 minute ago, StrippedX said:

Honestly all pop artists are controlled in the beginning and/or when their career is shaky.

Xtina didn't have any control over her debut and probably just a little say in Lotus hen gaga6

I think Ariana is in way more control than Britney ever had the chance to be though, if that's what you're asking.

Christina had no control over lotus? What kind of nonesensical statement is this? Christina called the shots since her 2nd era when you go to the boss position you don't stand down for an era and comeback on the next one, she truly has some of the most pathetic "fans"

8 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

Christina had no control over lotus? What kind of nonesensical statement is this? Christina called the shots since her 2nd era when you go to the boss position you don't stand down for an era and comeback on the next one, she truly has some of the most pathetic "fans"

So you REALLY think Christina all of the sudden wanted to release a pretty basic, and rushed, pop album after three eras of experimental music where she took 4 years to complete them? Make it make sense luv. Lotus exists and is the way it is because Bionic underperformed maisy

Christina went as far as releasing bionic which is by far her worst album ever and then she had the nerve to call it ahead of its just because people with actual taste and appreciation for music ignore that shitfest the way it deserved to.  

1 minute ago, ISlayForX said:

Christina went as far as releasing bionic which is by far her worst album ever and then she had the nerve to call it ahead of its just because people with actual taste and appreciation for music ignore that shitfest the way it deserved to.  

moo3

1 minute ago, ISlayForX said:

Same with every subsequent release as well, I fear. brit15

1 minute ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Now just say you're talking out of your ass and call it a day 

Tell me then... Does she strike you as someone in charge? hahahaha the reason people feels the need to protect is precisely because she portays herself in a very fragile position. She has no say in her albums sis, it is pretty silly to say she started the dubstep trends when truth is the good sis had been doubting her own steps for years at that time. 

3 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

So you REALLY think Christina all of the sudden wanted to release a pretty basic, and rushed, pop album after three eras of experimental music where she took 4 years to complete them? Make it make sense luv. Lotus exists and is the way it is because Bionic underperformed maisy

Yes. Somewhat. fall6

Remember that Christina was at her lowest...fat, nasty and broke. Career in shambles. She came on this bitch mad as hell!!!

xtina8

xtina8 xtina5 xtina8

xtina8

xtina8

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.