Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ISlayForX

Whose peer is this?

2 minutes ago, Dani K. said:

It's Daddy Shane West's Hotness that got me to like the movie. It made me realize I was gay when i was eight back in 2002

I found him hot back then, but looking at this pic, he looks like a punching bag brit15 Maybe he looks better in the movie, I've never watched it kesha3

2 minutes ago, Dani K. said:

I loved her 2007 album Wild Hope. This was a bawp. Ms. Moore wrote about breakups like Ms. Swift.

I heard that Ms. Moore was somewhat relevant in Australia back in the late 90's to early 2000's

She was relevant, In My Pockets charted pretty high, #1 2 or #5, I don't remember, I just know it's known here. However after that, she s topped being relevant because she hated pop music and tried to be an alt-indie queen but flopped.

35 minutes ago, An Impossible Princess said:

Too bad that she doesn't like the song. That and also the entirety of her debut.

Just now, Dani K. said:

She really got on my nerves when she said that. Like WTF? brit12

So Real is an album full of Bawps.

The sis does not like pop music... she said she only did it because the label made her do it

Serving Debutina vibes, but flop

Britney Spears: 10/23/1998

Jennifer Lopez: 05/15/1999

Christina Aguilera: 06/22/ 1999

Pink: 04/02/2000

Nelly Furtado: 10/24/2000

Alicia Keys: 03/28/2001

Avril Lavigne: 04/23/2002

Beyonce: 05/18/2003

Rihanna: 24/05/2005

Taylor Swift: 06/19/2006

Miley Cyrus: 06/26/2007

Adele: 10/22/2007

Lady Gaga: 04/08/2008

Katy Perry: 04/28/2008

Demi Lovato: 09/23/2008

Selena Gómez: 08/25/2009

Ariana Grande: 12/12/2011

Fixed it true1 

7 hours ago, Strobo said:

The reason people group Shakira with the late 90s/00s girls is because she didn't become international (or the type of pop we associate her with) until Laundry Service.

Breakthroughs are what's most important in determining that.

It's why for example, Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake are easily in the same group as Britney, Xtina, J Lo and Pink because they had breakthroughs with their group around the same time as the others. (Especially Beyoncé who has ALWAYS been the face of Destiny's Child)

Excuse you, Shakira was know accross all of latin america, europe and the latinos in the US since 1993

15 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

Excuse you, Shakira was know accross all of latin america, europe and the latinos in the US since 1993

That's not the point. (also it's 1995 so you're wrong there, Peligro was a flop)

Michael Jackson had been doing music since he was a child in the late 60s, but THE Michael we know wasn't a thing until On The Wall which was a whole decade (and four solo albums) afterwards. It's why people consider Prince and Madonna as his contemporaries.

Same goes for Katy Perry's gospel album in 2001, where she even just went by her real name.

The Shakira we know today is not even remotely the same as the one who made Pies Descalzos and Dónde Están los Ladrones, and it started with Laundry Service.

Not to mention, idk, language? Shakira didn't make English music until then.

1 hour ago, Strobo said:

That's not the point. (also it's 1995 so you're wrong there, Peligro was a flop)

Michael Jackson had been doing music since he was a child in the late 60s, but THE Michael we know wasn't a thing until On The Wall which was a whole decade (and four solo albums) afterwards. It's why people consider Prince and Madonna as his contemporaries.

Same goes for Katy Perry's gospel album in 2001, where she even just went by her real name.

The Shakira we know today is not even remotely the same as the one who made Pies Descalzos and Dónde Están los Ladrones, and it started with Laundry Service.

Not to mention, idk, language? Shakira didn't make English music until then.

*Off the Wall, love. And I agree with you! Though Shakira was already breaking through with Pies Descalzos so her contemporaries were/used to be the likes of Alanis Morissette, PJ Harvey, Liz Phair and perhaps also Mary J. Blige, but Mary is far away from the genre that those girls made at the time (rock music) then so yeah. After she broke through the English speaking market with Laundry Service in early 2000s she clearly transitioned to that sphere of pop and became associated with the likes Britney, etc.

22 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

BTW here's Shakira in Viña Del Mar one of the most prestigious music festivals broadcasted WW.  The year is 1993, how come she's Britney, Christina and Beyonce's peer?

Sis she literally went for the competition (like the Eurovision contest) and she was unknown af jj4 she wasn’t performing as a big artist at all

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.