Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

Big Hit & Universal looking to create the next Boyband on TV Show

bts-kpop-bb19-2020-billboard-1548-1608056571-compressed.jpg

Will the next BTS or NCT 127 be discovered on a U.S. television show?

That’s what Universal Music Group and BTS' label, Big Hit Entertainment, are betting on. As part of a broad strategic collaboration announced Wednesday (Feb.17), the South Korean label and the U.S.-based major are planning to create an unprecedented joint venture recording label and an American Idol-like audition show in the U.S. to find the next global K-pop group.

Source

Just now, Wonho said:

Wouldn't it be an American Boy Band? nicki5

Screaming if they're just Asians but will sing in English nicki6

I thought it was a K-Pop band like BTS. Not sure anymore though, so I changed the title. katy2

Oh God, we don't another clone of BTS aka The Cultural Appropriation Kweens. 

I mean, seriously, as much as I like K-Pop, Idol groups especially do not have anyone who stands out and it's like they are all cloned to "perfection". I mean, there are bands where members are literally just good looking, tall men who try to sing (See: Cha Eunwoo (as much as I lust over him) is a prime example of looks over musical talent @Wonho

2 minutes ago, Dani K. said:

Oh God, we don't another clone of BTS aka The Cultural Appropriation Kweens. 

I mean, seriously, as much as I like K-Pop, Idol groups especially do not have anyone who stands out and it's like they are all cloned to "perfection". I mean, there are bands where members are literally just good looking, tall men who try to sing (See: Cha Eunwoo (as much as I lust over him) is a prime example of looks over musical talent @Wonho

Don't come for my twink bottom Cha Godwoo like this sis. The sis is not a Selena Gomez...

He can play a musical instrument and sing:

lj1

What a mess. As if Why Don't We aren't an instrument-playing band now and In Real Life hasn't disbanded already. Not to mention PRETTYMUCH which is non-existent on charts. The only thriving boyband is CNCO and they're not exactly what you would call, uhm, global.

I don't thinks is a right idea tbh 

If its an American boy band .. boring! tbh 

and if its a Korean boy band .. do we need another one?

and another survival show? after de Produce 101 fiasco? is it a good idea? 

On 2/18/2021 at 2:16 AM, Wonho said:

Wouldn't it be an American Boy Band? nicki5

Screaming if they're just Asians but will sing in English nicki6

Not if they're only holding auditions for Asians jj3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.