Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Is positions the most payola'd era of all time?

The payola is literally worse than during Sweetener era. When you look at the chart points literally 60% of it is airplay points. Positions and 34+35 are #1 and #2 on radio despite mediocre call-outs. Is it really necessary that the two most played songs are forgettable throwaway bops by the same artist? Does America not have more diversity?  No wonder pop radio is losing audience in droves nicki4

Her album is so heavily playlisted as well .. like wtf is test drive doing at #1 on Today's Top Hits? Positions and various versions of 34+35 have been on TTH and other high-reach playlists for MONTHS  as well...  34+35 has received two videos including a remix with both the hottest female artists of 2020, and still failed to reach #1 despite the charts being extremely weak currently nicki4  and I'm not even gonna mention the deluxe album scam ... so transparent nicki4

well, everything you pointed out is correct but to me the PAYOLA!!!!11111 argument is as tiring as the practice itself. blame the game, not the players. Dua's team is also accused of this to no end, mostly by pressed Chromatican't residents.

what Positions should and qualifies to be dragged for is some of the lackluster material and Ariana having the audacity and the nerve to tack in 7 minutes of new material to an already desperately short album and call it a deluxe edition. she's a scammer.

I agree the era is bland but i don't think it is Payola, Ariana is genuinely that big of an artist and easily the biggest pop girl of the last few years so her songs being successful makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

and the nerve to tack in 7 minutes of new material to an already desperately short album and call it a deluxe edition. she's a scammer.

screaming at this

i was just playing the new tracks and they all ended before any momentum built rip4 

@fab we know you'd be creaming your pants if Chromatica had that level of promo/payola. Don’t even try it! gag1 

Also, let’s not act like there aren’t any other scamming methods such as bundles, multiple versions of the same album with different artwork to increase sales... dead2 The girlies are doing it all to be honest. Some just simply do it better and more effectively than others.

Is Ariana’s Positions a lame album that got even WORSE with these new mediocre bonus tracks? Definitely. Is she still one of the biggest pop girls at the moment? Yes she is.

25 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

screaming at this

i was just playing the new tracks and they all ended before any momentum built rip4 

i don't get why someone would buy this edition. the deluxe tracks are literally unfinished.

4 hours ago, fab said:

The payola is literally worse than during Sweetener era. When you look at the chart points literally 60% of it is airplay points. Positions and 34+35 are #1 and #2 on radio despite mediocre call-outs. Is it really necessary that the two most played songs are forgettable throwaway bops by the same artist? Does America not have more diversity?  No wonder pop radio is losing audience in droves nicki4

Her album is so heavily playlisted as well .. like wtf is test drive doing at #1 on Today's Top Hits? Positions and various versions of 34+35 have been on TTH and other high-reach playlists for MONTHS  as well...  34+35 has received two videos including a remix with both the hottest female artists of 2020, and still failed to reach #1 despite the charts being extremely weak currently nicki4  and I'm not even gonna mention the deluxe album scam ... so transparent nicki4

Well, i've been saying all week their chart manipulation may grant her a few hits here and there but she's sacrificing what should really matter for an artist. I'm glad more people are noticing this because it is way too obvious. At least with Britney who had the same business model management there was really a demand, Ariana's team is hyping her up to make her seem like this huge superstar with the power no other ever had.

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

i don't get why someone would buy this edition. the deluxe tracks are literally unfinished.

Girl was really like “let me give them few cute ringtones and call it a deluxe” dead1 

The only thing Ariana can be blamed for is the messy deluxe tracks (except for worst behaviour, I'm really enjoying that one), payola is for the management. But then again, are we really surprised that this album is payola'd into oblivion with a manager like Scooter Braun? rip4 

She secured herself a manager that does his job well by securing her the best opportunities available. Luckily, the 'payola' also works in her favor. We've seen countless examples of it backfiring dead1

That being said, it's sad that all that is wasted on what is essentially the female version of 'changes.' I was holding out hope for the deluxe, hoping she'd listen to some of the criticisms but that was immediately squashed when I saw the lazy cover art and 2 min ringtone songs rip4

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.