Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

'Framing Britney Spears' creator teases sequel

38333738-0-image-a-13_1611277390865.jpg

Pop icon Britney Spears’ life, career, and conservatorship got a much overdue new spotlight with the documentary “Framing Britney Spears,” now streaming on Hulu from New York Times Presents. One of the documentary's creators, director Samantha Stark, has addressed rumours of a sequel already being in the works. "I would be passionately excited about that idea [of a sequel]," Stark told the Radio Times during a recent interview about the success of the film.

On a recent The Hollywood Reporter interview, Stark and writer Liz Day also revealed that the filmmakers have more than enough material for a follow-up of their own. “There was so much we had to leave on the cutting room floor and in our notebooks just for time. And also since the documentary aired, we’ve gotten a lot of information that we’re interested in as well that we’re interested in pursuing and reporting out further,” Day said.

Stark said of the possible angles a sequel documentary could take a look at. “I think there’s way more to learn about the circumstances of the conservatorship and how the conservatorship has been running and why, the people involved in its creation and running it.”

x

watch-the-first-trailer-for-the-framing-britney-spears-documentary-is-here.jpg

"Framing Britney Spears" is available to watch on Hulu and FXNow.
The documentary is listed on streaming services under its full title, "The New York Times Presents Framing Britney Spears." 

(If you don't have a Hulu account, you can sign up for one and get a 30-day trial.)

A documentary that would actually would go into more detail and actually bring evidence such as court documents and things Britney said would be good.

As good as this commentary was it was more like an introduction and it was frankly based more on speculation and not much proof until the last few minutes. The Deep Dive series did a much better job of going into detail. 

So while a sequel would be good, with another Netflix being in the works I'm afraid it would reach overexposure and desensitize people from her cause. I hope people don't go overboard with these Brit docs. 

58 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Her conservatorship reminds me of the Ashley O's episode awk1 It's okay to have a guardian especially when you're not feeling okay. However, her father and the management are all disgusting awk1 They're literally treating like a robot or something awk1 

i think mariah said this when she was talking about how she felt being married to Tomato Mozzarella but i think that an ATM machine with a wig on is more spot on.

I think it sounds like a good idea with a sequel that goes more into detail about the conservatorship. A LOT of people watched this so I’m sure they would watch the sequel too. Like, this documentary even reached the locals in my country, everyone’s watching it and talking about it.

9 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

Is the netflix rumor real? 

You mean about Netflix making their own Britney documentary? If yes then yup, Netflix already confirmed it. Erin Lee Carr will be directing. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.