Jump to content
Snow

Best No. 1 Single on this week in the past 10 years?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lynk said:

I don't know why but you specifying the type of Pringle you were eating made me chuckle.

Something inside of me somehow knew it would be the sort of detail you'd enjoy rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LÉON said:

@Snow given that the vast majority of members here aren't American, what's the obsession with Billboard charts? nicki5

Anyway, from that list - Dark Horse, and it's not even close

Well it's the biggest market and the current stan culture revolves around the Billboard charts almost exclusively. These are songs that the majority of the members here know. dead2 

That said, I had several ideas involving the UK chart. brit16 However they didn't work out and they became this thread. true1 

37 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Florist basically made this song a hit, but she gets no credit even though her version is better:

 

 

Bye not Fleur East dead2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snow said:

Well it's the biggest market and the current stan culture revolves around the Billboard charts almost exclusively. These are songs that the majority of the members here know. dead2 

That said, I had several ideas involving the UK chart. brit16 However they didn't work out and they became this thread. true1 

Bye not Fleur East dead2 

Did they not work out because most UK #1s in the last decade are no1curr DJs and moo4 features? rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Did they not work out because most UK #1s in the last decade are no1curr DJs and moo4 features? rip2

Yeah that, and also I'm not sure how I'm supposed to sell Lewis Capaldi and The NHS Voices of Care Choir to FOTP.. on top of the endless Ed Sheeran songs. rip2

The year-end number ones are also equally terrible as the US one anyways, like y'all had the same songs and albums at #1 for most of the 2010s. And on the times it's different.. it's always either Drake, Ed Sheeran or Lewis Capaldi. Lewis especially had the No. 1 album TWO YEARS IN A ROW.. HOW DO I WORK WITH THAT? nicki5 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah that, and also I'm not sure how I'm supposed to sell Lewis Capaldi and The NHS Voices of Care Choir to FOTP.. on top of the endless Ed Sheeran songs. rip2

The year-end number ones are also equally terrible as the US one anyways, like y'all had the same songs and albums at #1 for most of the 2010s. And on the times it's different.. it's always either Drake, Ed Sheeran or Lewis Capaldi. Lewis especially had the No. 1 album TWO YEARS IN A ROW.. HOW DO I WORK WITH THAT? nicki5 

I mean, the NHS Choir SLAPS, you shouldn't be so tasteless...

nicki5

 

The UK stans mediocrity WBK. Perhaps try the Scottish charts? For some reason they always stan bops, such as Strangers by Sigrid got to #1 there, but in the UK overall it peaked at #10 nicki5

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LÉON said:

The UK stans mediocrity WBK. Perhaps try the Scottish charts? For some reason they always stan bops, such as Strangers by Sigrid got to #1 there, but in the UK overall it peaked at #10 nicki5

Sadly the Scottish charts doesn't seem to register charts after December 2020.. did they discontinue it or something? dead2 

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/scottish-singles-chart/ who are even Snuts, OMD, King Creosote and Paul Weller? Help rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, Snow said:

Sadly the Scottish charts doesn't seem to register charts after December 2020.. did they discontinue it or something? dead2 

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/scottish-singles-chart/ who are even Snuts, OMD, King Creosote and Paul Weller? Help rip2

I've heard of OMD, King Creosote and Paul Weller, but what in the name of flying fuck is this? fall1 @Billie Frank

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 2:26 PM, Wonho said:

Idk evidently they're the sort @LÉONa stans, and probably secretly @Snow too. 

 

Doing some research on Wiki...

 

"The Snuts are a Scottish indie rock band formed in 2015, originating from West Lothian, Scotland. They have performed across the United Kingdom and Ireland."  - So they're from the same region as Lewis Aldi and Susan Boyle. 

 

"Kenny Anderson (born January 1967), known primarily by his stage name King Creosote, is an independent singer-songwriter from Fife, Scotland. To date, Anderson has released over forty albums, with his latest full length, Astronaut Meets Appleman, released in 2016. Anderson is also a member of Scottish-Canadian band The Burns Unit. In 2011, Anderson's collaborative album with Jon Hopkins, Diamond Mine, was nominated for the Mercury Prize and the Scottish Album of the Year Award. Astronaut Meets Appleman was also longlisted for the Scottish Album of the Year Award." - Never heard of him, been to Fife before, it's a dump. 

 

"Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) are an English electronic band formed in Wirral, Merseyside, in 1978. The outfit comprises co-founders Andy McCluskey (vocals, bass guitar) and Paul Humphreys (keyboards, vocals), along with Martin Cooper (various instruments) and Stuart Kershaw (drums); McCluskey has been the only constant member. OMD released their debut single, "Electricity", in 1979, and gained popularity throughout Europe with the 1980 anti-war song "Enola Gay". The band achieved broader recognition via the album Architecture & Morality (1981) and its three singles, all of which were global hits." - Not an Anti-War song from 1980 charting in the top #3 on the Scottish Charts in 2020. fall9

 

"Paul John Weller (born John William Weller; 25 May 1958) is an English singer-songwriter and musician. Weller achieved fame with the punk rock/new wave/mod revival band The Jam. He had further success with the blue-eyed soul music of the Style Council (1983–1989), before establishing himself as a solo artist with his eponymous 1992 album." - I've heard of "The Jam" before. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Idk evidently they're the sort @LÉONa stans, and probably secretly @Snow too. 

 

Doing some research on Wiki...

 

"The Snuts are a Scottish indie rock band formed in 2015, originating from West Lothian, Scotland. They have performed across the United Kingdom and Ireland."  - So they're from the same region as Lewis Aldi and Susan Boyle. 

If people asked me about Aussie artists, I would say the same dead4 I only know Tones & I as the Dancing Monkey song always comes up on the radio wendy4 Now I find her voice annoying.

 

Also Snuts sounds like a name of a hulk-ish man back in the Anglo-saxon days... dead4

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wonho said:

If people asked me about Aussie artists, I would say the same dead4 I only know Tones & I as the Dancing Monkey song always comes up on the radio wendy4 Now I find her voice annoying.

 

Also Snuts sounds like a name of a hulk-ish man back in the Anglo-saxon days... dead4

The only Scottish singers i know off the top of my head are...

 

Amy MacDonalegend

Spoiler

 

Annie Lennox

Spoiler

 

Emeli Sande (A sanger)

Spoiler

 

And that woman who sings that "Oh i wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair" song.

Spoiler

 

And Calvin Harris fall9

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

The only Scottish singers i know off the top of my head are...

 

Amy MacDonalegend

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Annie Lennox

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Emeli Sande (A sanger)

  Reveal hidden contents

 

And that woman who sings that "Oh i wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair" song.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

And Calvin Harris fall9

  Hide contents

 

 

I can't believe you forgot icon Leona Lewis Capaldi bey11

That "The Girls" video, "I like them black girls" but video only has white girls rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wonho said:

I can't believe you forgot icon Leona Lewis Capaldi bey11

I said singers, the "chicken neck wobble" vibrato he has is fucking annoying. bey11

34 minutes ago, Wonho said:

That "The Girls" video, "I like them black girls" but video only has white girls rip2

"Straight" 6 year old me going round school singing "I GET ALL THE GIRLS I GET ALL THE GIRLS". rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dark Horse 7 Rings Stronger I hate Uptown Funk btw, never got the appeal for that song.  

I very nearly choked on my Original flavour Pringle

I can't believe you forgot icon Leona Lewis Capaldi  That "The Girls" video, "I like them black girls" but video only has white girls 


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×