Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ISlayForX

Wouldn't "Farming Britney Spears" be a more appropriate title?

6 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Basically they're saying farming = atm

Ohhhhh cause I got confused. I was like wait rip4 Now I get it. Well, Unfortunately Britney is in a messy situation. It's okay to have a guardianship especially when you're feeling overwhelmed by life. However, her father, sister and management are taking advantage of her.

5 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Ohhhhh cause I got confused. I was like wait rip4 Now I get it. Well, Unfortunately Britney is in a messy situation. It's okay to have a guardianship especially when you're feeling overwhelmed by life. However, her father, sister and management are taking advantage of her.

Britney's case has always been sad. She should be left alone by her family, they've been ripping her off since the mid 90's lbr.

5 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

Britney's case has always been sad. She should be left alone by her family, they've been ripping her off since the mid 90's lbr.

Agreed. I can't believe she used to work underpaid for 9 hours straight at the age of 10 years old. It's just crazy to me. Also Let's not talk about how her family never defended her from sexist and disgusting comments when she was only 16 nicki2 She wasn't very lucky.mp3 

Because the purpose of the documentary is to "frame" the case of Britney Spears. It's to put the conservatorship abuse to spotlight. If it's"farming" instead then it would have been such a sensationalist type of documentary and would read too much like a gossip vlog. But that's just me, because I am not a sensationalist type of guy. Unlike whoever ISlappedX is.

4 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:

Because the purpose of the documentary is to "frame" the case of Britney Spears. It's to put the conservatorship abuse to spotlight. If it's"farming" instead then it would have been such a sensationalist type of documentary and would read too much like a gossip vlog. But that's just me, because I am not a sensationalist type of guy. Unlike whoever ISlappedX is.

I get what he means though. “Framing” means to make a person seem to be guilty of a crime when they are not, by producingfacts or information that are not true. The title is sort of misleading and not particularly well-chosen.

55 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I get what he means though. “Framing” means to make a person seem to be guilty of a crime when they are not, by producingfacts or information that are not true. The title is sort of misleading and not particularly well-chosen.

That's..hmm, yeah there's also that. Maybe in the producer's mind "framing" is to refer to the actions that Britney's family and Lou Taylor have done to her. They made her guilty even though she's likely to be innocent. The choice of titling it as it is, however, admittedly a tricky one as the word has many different angles we can look from. "Farming" Britney wouldn't be a better title though, it would have made the entire Free Britney movement appear as a joke.

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

But why make a BG thread about it? Shouldn't this be in the B section if OP truly wants to show support for B? 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.