Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Paparazzi who stalked Britney refuses to apologize: "I don't give a shit!"

Xz29TeddB6eRd0XjVKxC63G-Rx9Bh0XetVa0CDaSORJUqOSjDXbflQaaPdZi7yHpwChWlP0wNGNyt-OEYkvKMdEY80xW4qiw9WI

Paparazzi who stalked Britney Spears at the height of her fame and her subsequent breakdown said they don’t regret their actions.

This month, a new documentary, Framing Britney Spears, chronicles the pop princess’s rise to stardom and the many challenges she has faced. One aspect of her life that the film covers is the paparazzi’s relentless pursuit to document Spears’ every move, even in her most vulnerable states. Those who are devoted fans of the singer will know all too well the images of her crying in a restaurant, holding her son Sean, while paparazzi refuse to give her any privacy.

One Los Angeles-based pap who followed Britney’s career, Rick Mendoza, does not believe there is a correlation between his job and his subjects’ mental health. ‘I’m in it for the money and the history,’ Mendoza told Business Insider. ‘You think I give a f*ck about somebody getting up on the wrong side of the bed, and they don’t want their photograph taken? I don’t give a sh*t,’ he said.

In 2007, Mendoza sued Spears for allegedly driving over his foot on purpose when she was leaving a parking garage. ‘We made them people, too. I’ll show you when they’re taking out their garbage. I’ll show you when they’re picking their nose. Do people want to see that? Obviously yes. If someone’s entertained, then the system is working,’ Mendoza said.

x

I actually love how honest he is about the whole thing, why give a fake apology when he has made a living out photograping celebrities? Do you apologize to people after you receive your paycheck? Neither should him, people need to stop acting like the whole world owes Britney an apology, the only ones that should be apologizing to her are her parents, HER FANS and her management because they all have contributed to her life being the mess that it clearly is.

People working as paparazzi have to really be some kind of sociopaths to say shit and do stuff like this.

Britney's case wasn't just "she got on the wrong side of the bed" ....they literally ruined her life. She was struggling with her marriage and their pressure made it worse and had her traumatized for life. 

The last paragraph is true though. The system that sustains and encourages and the people who consume this kind of tabloid journalism should also be blamed.

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

Paparazzi should be banned as a job hay1 Maybe Social Distancing did something right rip4 

I second this. Paparazzi and pop culture journalism is generally really disgusting and toxic, just read the comments on any daily mail article about a celebrity....

Actually don't do that, those scumbags don't deserve the ad revenue. 

Paparazzis are vile. I know everyone has to make money, but when you have to stalk people 24/7 to make them you’re an absolute tool jj4 Especially the way they treated Britney back then. It was NOT okay and they should apologize, but I don’t expect anyone with that “profession” to have a conscience. Imagine taking pictures of someone while they’re sitting in a restaurant crying with her baby on her lap... or while she’s in an ambulance.. that’s not okay.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.