Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Spider-Man: No Way Home

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Don't know why they wanna stick to this "home" string of titles so badly but whatever jodie4 

@Hyun. jodie4 

after doing it for the first two movies i can see why, especially considering what the theme of this movie will be, it makes extra sense jodie4

5 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

after doing it for the first two movies i can see why, especially considering what the theme of this movie will be, it makes extra sense jodie4

It makes sense but once they go three with the title they're kinda trapped jodie4 If there's no Iron Man/Nick Fury/Doctor Strange mentor character in the fourth one watch it be titled Spider-Man: Home Alone jodie4 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

It makes sense but once they go three with the title they're kinda trapped jodie4 If there's no Iron Man/Nick Fury/Doctor Strange mentor character in the fourth one watch it be titled Spider-Man: Home Alone jodie4 

well they just joked with many funny ones! there's potential jodie4

16 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

TO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE FILM DON'T READ THIS SPOILER YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO NOT BE SPOILED

Spoiler

I have only gotten to go once but I am going a second time soon but I can say with confidence it's firmly in my MCU top 3, probably in my top 3 favorite comic book films of all time. It's genuinely fucking stunning from top to bottom. Seeing this film in a sold out theater was next level. I didn't think anything would top seeing Endgame in theaters opening night but this did. It was like a fucking concert in there the cheers were so loud. When Tobey and Andrew came in....the place went fucking nuts. And like deservedly so. They were all incredible, they did not miss a beat. Tobey was a brilliant elder statesman and Andrew was the perfect battle hardened but still lovable iteration. And like also cudos to Tom Holland. I've always loved him in the role, but I understood why people didn't. I think he showed UP big time in this film. He was incredible. The scene where May dies and then the final showdown with the Goblin he fucking BROUGHT IT. 

What were the moments that really stood out to you as I know there have to be many! 

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

TO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE FILM DON'T READ THIS SPOILER YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO NOT BE SPOILED

Hide contents

I have only gotten to go once but I am going a second time soon but I can say with confidence it's firmly in my MCU top 3, probably in my top 3 favorite comic book films of all time. It's genuinely fucking stunning from top to bottom. Seeing this film in a sold out theater was next level. I didn't think anything would top seeing Endgame in theaters opening night but this did. It was like a fucking concert in there the cheers were so loud. When Tobey and Andrew came in....the place went fucking nuts. And like deservedly so. They were all incredible, they did not miss a beat. Tobey was a brilliant elder statesman and Andrew was the perfect battle hardened but still lovable iteration. And like also cudos to Tom Holland. I've always loved him in the role, but I understood why people didn't. I think he showed UP big time in this film. He was incredible. The scene where May dies and then the final showdown with the Goblin he fucking BROUGHT IT. 

What were the moments that really stood out to you as I know there have to be many! 

Spoiler

Yea, there were several times the audience cheered and hollered bebe1 I remember the first appearances of Doc Ock, the Green Goblin, Andrew as Spider-Man, Andrew again unmasked, Tobey Maguire and then the three Spider-Men leaping from the Statue of Liberty in that single shot together.

One of my favorite moments, funny enough, stems from TASM 2 which is surely my least favorite Spider-Man film bebe1 I loved Andrew Garfield redeeming his mistake with Gwen Stacy by successfully saving MJ, and both his reaction afterwards and MJ's picking up on this. Having them and Doctor Strange in this would've been enough, but Matt Murdock's cameo was a cherry on top.

All of the villains were really well-done here, I was expecting to feel that some of them got shortchanged with screentime but none of them really did, I saw about as much as I wanted to. Loved the brief nod to Electro's comic mask as well, which I've always wanted to see in a movie.

6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yea, there were several times the audience cheered and hollered bebe1 I remember the first appearances of Doc Ock, the Green Goblin, Andrew as Spider-Man, Andrew again unmasked, Tobey Maguire and then the three Spider-Men leaping from the Statue of Liberty in that single shot together.

One of my favorite moments, funny enough, stems from TASM 2 which is surely my least favorite Spider-Man film bebe1 I loved Andrew Garfield redeeming his mistake with Gwen Stacy by successfully saving MJ, and both his reaction afterwards and MJ's picking up on this. Having them and Doctor Strange in this would've been enough, but Matt Murdock's cameo was a cherry on top.

All of the villains were really well-done here, I was expecting to feel that some of them got shortchanged with screentime but none of them really did, I saw about as much as I wanted to. Loved the brief nod to Electro's comic mask as well, which I've always wanted to see in a movie.

Spoiler

Oh 100% the MJ moment was...I sobbed, it's true. 

THAT SHOT OF ALL OF THEM RUNNING TOGETHER AND JUMPING OFF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AND THEN SILHOUETTED BY THE MOON BEFORE THEY LAND IN HERO POSE?? TATTOO IT IN MY EYELIDS KINDA???

Tom was just amazing in the film. I love seeing him finally be able to show his range and ability. His acting in her death scene….like fuck man, that felt real. Like idk where he pulled that from but goddamn. 

Also like….those two goblin fight scenes (the one in the apartment building and then on the shield) were really fucking brutal and like the fact that peter was wholeheartedly gonna KILL NORMAN??? They were ballsy with this movie’s violence. Like it took of balls of steel for kevin feige to say “let’s let children see spider-man 100% ready to murder someone and let it be known that if other spider-man wasn’t there he would have”. And I gotta say it was a brilliant move to have that moment where Tobey stops him be done in silence. Had Tobey said something, I think it would've lessened it. It being all wordless was perfect. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:
  Hide contents

Oh 100% the MJ moment was...I sobbed, it's true. 

THAT SHOT OF ALL OF THEM RUNNING TOGETHER AND JUMPING OFF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AND THEN SILHOUETTED BY THE MOON BEFORE THEY LAND IN HERO POSE?? TATTOO IT IN MY EYELIDS KINDA???

Tom was just amazing in the film. I love seeing him finally be able to show his range and ability. His acting in her death scene….like fuck man, that felt real. Like idk where he pulled that from but goddamn. 

Also like….those two goblin fight scenes (the one in the apartment building and then on the shield) were really fucking brutal and like the fact that peter was wholeheartedly gonna KILL NORMAN??? They were ballsy with this movie’s violence. Like it took of balls of steel for kevin feige to say “let’s let children see spider-man 100% ready to murder someone and let it be known that if other spider-man wasn’t there he would have”. And I gotta say it was a brilliant move to have that moment where Tobey stops him be done in silence. Had Tobey said something, I think it would've lessened it. It being all wordless was perfect. 

Spoiler

Yea, the thing about that is that the Goblin kills May for absolutely no other reason that to make it personal with Peter and basically punish him for being kind enough to help Norman and the other villains. He's really a lot more evil than he was in the 2002 film. There's a glimpse of that more vengeful Peter earlier on the bridge, when Doc Ock says he should've killed his girlfriend when he had the chance or something like that, and Spider-Man is just like "What did you say?..."

Doctor Strange counting himself among the people that love Peter was a nice touch too, I thought. 

50 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

Yea, the thing about that is that the Goblin kills May for absolutely no other reason that to make it personal with Peter and basically punish him for being kind enough to help Norman and the other villains. He's really a lot more evil than he was in the 2002 film. There's a glimpse of that more vengeful Peter earlier on the bridge, when Doc Ock says he should've killed his girlfriend when he had the chance or something like that, and Spider-Man is just like "What did you say?..."

Doctor Strange counting himself among the people that love Peter was a nice touch too, I thought. 

Spoiler

Oh for sure. Honestly, I'm just astounded that I loved it so much. It's not a perfect film, but to have been done this well is impressive. It's fan service and nostalgia but in support of the story, it never feels like it's there just to be there and I loved that. It's a genuinely stunning film. 

Spider-Man is my favorite superhero and I am a big Marvel/comic book fan as well. This was definitely the best Spider-Man movie AND best MCU movie as well. On paper - could have been a hot mess but done super well. Loved all the surprises and twists - flowed very well together. 

Already want to go see it again tbh!!! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.