Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Justin Bieber | Justice | March 19, 2021

Okay so it's miles better than Changes (not hard to do but it could've been as bad or worse). The production is amazing, I'd really call it his best produced album. But jesus christ does he derail it with his lackluster lyrics and halfbaked concepts. I really am struggling to pinpoint what the album's point is, there's no clear idea that's continuous across the album. The album is so all over the place, there is no consistency from song to song whatsoever. There are good songs taken in isolation, but all together they just don't congeal to make anything that even approaches what he thinks it does. He really has nothing to say but is dressing it like he's saying something profound. It's listenable but far, far from good. It's a shame such good production work is being wasted on his total lack of anything worth hearing to say. 

I really liked the album on first listen. The stripped back and simple production sounds great and I really like his vocals. clap4

The lyrics aren't the greatest but still good enough on most songs. I will go back to this. clap3 

2 hours ago, Max said:

I really liked the album on first listen. The stripped back and simple production sounds great and I really like his vocals. clap4

The lyrics aren't the greatest but still good enough on most songs. I will go back to this. clap3 

2 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Okay so it's miles better than Changes (not hard to do but it could've been as bad or worse). The production is amazing, I'd really call it his best produced album. But jesus christ does he derail it with his lackluster lyrics and halfbaked concepts. I really am struggling to pinpoint what the album's point is, there's no clear idea that's continuous across the album. The album is so all over the place, there is no consistency from song to song whatsoever. There are good songs taken in isolation, but all together they just don't congeal to make anything that even approaches what he thinks it does. He really has nothing to say but is dressing it like he's saying something profound. It's listenable but far, far from good. It's a shame such good production work is being wasted on his total lack of anything worth hearing to say. 

Let’s face it, no one listens to JB for lyrics - people are here for a bop and somehow he managed to smuggle a few on each project 👀

i really enjoyed Peaches until i paid closer attention to the lyrics. this seems to be the ultimate issue for Bieber based on the pre-release singles as well, the writing is based on either him drowning in self pity occasiobally backed by a piano (the offensively terrible Lonely) // how great his bad ass bitch is. there's no nuance or subtlety whatsoever to either of these subjects and he just can't seem able to sing about anything else.

i think if he took some risks with the production and try to push his sound outside of his sphere (Anyone is a good example of that) then perhaps the overall package would maybe feel a bit more daring. i guess i'll try to listen to the entire thing.

42 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Let’s face it, no one listens to JB for lyrics - people are here for a bop and somehow he managed to smuggle a few on each project 👀

That’s true and he did, but I just felt like it was particularly noticeable what the shortcomings were lyrically on this album with the way he chose to represent it. Like to say what he said pre-release, to include the MLK samplings, it just seemed to me the whole time that he wants it perceived a certain way (i.e. important and introspective) but didn’t actually deliver on it. I wasn’t coming expecting a masterpiece but I did expect a little bit more considering the extra care he took to emphasize certain points ahead of time. 

What the hell is the MLK interlude doing on the album jj4 It’s just there between two random songs??? Didn’t get it tbh. The album isn’t bad, but it is kinda meh.. Not something I see myself going back to and listening to a lot. It’s a step up from Changes though!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.