Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Madison Beer slams Scooter Braun

Madison_34-Credit-Amber-Asaly.jpg

At 13, Madison Beer was discovered by Justin Bieber and his manager Scooter Braun on YouTube, singing Etta James covers. It should have been a fairytale story for the social media age; gaining hundreds of thousands of followers, walking in Milan Fashion Week, signing with a label, writing an album.

But eight years on, with “hundreds of therapy sessions” and one scrapped album under her belt, Beer is only now preparing to release a debut album – acknowledging that for years she had been handed a “false narrative.” Managed by Braun (perhaps most famous for his ongoing feud with Taylor Swift,) Beer collaborated with the likes of Cody Simpson, and Bieber himself would promote her across his social channels. But her music career stalled, and she found herself in an abusive relationship.

Swift, 31, has accused him of “incessant, manipulative bullying” and, after he purchased her back catalogue in 2019, of “controlling a woman who didn’t want to be associated with” him; Selena Gomez, Halsey, and Iggy Azalea were among those to speak out in support of Swift.

Regardless of whose side you are on, Braun, 39, has in recent years become the media villain in a story of female empowerment and overcoming misogyny in a male-dominated industry. Beer says her own years with Braun were of the “Oh you don’t have a say, you don’t know what you’re talking about, little girl” variety, but she hasn’t let that attitude break her.

“I hold value and if you can’t see it and don’t want me to have a voice, I am out,” says Beer. “There are times where I haven’t felt heard, and I think ‘I won’t back down,’ I don’t care how big and scary you are, if you’re the head of a label, or a president.. I will not be demeaned.”

x

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.