Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

James Charles denies claim he "groomed" a minor on Snapchat

James Charles

James Charles is denying claims that he "groomed" a minor on Snapchat. On Friday, Feb. 26, the YouTuber issued a statement in response to new social media videos in which a 16-year-old, who E! News is not identifying by name, accused James of sending him explicit images. The teen also claimed James asked them to send photos and videos of their "body." In his statement, James said, "The accusation that I have groomed this person is completely false."

James admitted to exchanging photos with the teen, but said he was under the impression the individual was 18. "Last week, I came across someone on my instagram explore page, saw he followed me, and added him on snapchat," the influencer said in the statement. "The next morning, I woke up to several snaps from this person being excited I added him back, saying [they] loved me and [they] told me [they were] 18 so I started flirting back."

"In this excitement of meeting someone I thought could be potentially great, I didn't ask for a copy of [their] ID or passport." He continued, "It's now clear, based on the video [they] uploaded, [they were] taking photos of me with another device, and had an ulterior motive from the beginning." The beauty vlogger said he later learned the person was actually 16, at which point he apologized and told the individual he was "uncomfortable" with the situation.  However, James claimed the minor "insisted on continuing talking, saying it could be our little secret, [they're] a fan of mine and would never tell anyone." "I told [them] I wasn't okay with this, [they] started getting upset, and at this point, I unfriended [them]," James claimed. "We haven't spoken since." 

James concluded his message, "Because of situations like this, instead of taking someone's word for it, I now will ask to see the ID or passport of every [person] I have a conversation with."  In the since-deleted video, the teen claimed they began communicating with James via Snapchat on Wednesday, February 17. The minor shared, "He added me back cause I had snapped him a while ago, just as a fan to influencer conversation. I was excited because he was my biggest influence, influencer wise, and I've always looked up to him so I was excited to get his message back."

After allegedly sending James a picture from the bathroom, the internet star "started making conversation very sexual." They continued, "It made me really uncomfortable." The minor also claimed James began sending them explicit images, adding, "I was getting really uncomfortable so I told him my age. I told him I'm 16. Meanwhile he's 21. He's a grown man." According to the individual, James continued to ask for pictures and videos of their body, even after stating they're underage.

x

I do believe him though, some people tend to be very misleading and have different motives then they first show awk1 I hope he doesn't receive too much backlash for this

43 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I do believe him though, some people tend to be very misleading and have different motives then they first show awk1 I hope he doesn't receive too much backlash for this

The internet is a mess. 

I doubt horny teens are there to reveal their age or play by the rules. So I wouldn't say we should always blame other people, just because they are older.

Like you said, there are also different motives.

5 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Wait, isn't he like 20 something ? rip4 

I think he's 21.

I mean, he needs to start asking guys what their age is considering this has been a problem already dead2  Like, just ask right away. How do you get this mixed up.

Right.. but this isn't the first time he's been accused of something like this.

You do it once, you do it twice, you do it three times -- you'd think that he'd learn from his previous mistakes, but I'm starting to think that something is actually up with this guy. 

9 minutes ago, Snow said:

Right.. but this isn't the first time he's been accused of something like this.

You do it once, you do it twice, you do it three times -- you'd think that he'd learn from his previous mistakes, but I'm starting to think that something is actually up with this guy. 

This part.

What other celebrities are trying to hook up with every random person who messages them? Cause that alone is predatory when they say they're a fan even if they're of age.

He needs be more careful, and already should be based on past incidents, if he doesn't want to end up in trouble.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.