Ruthless Love

Tina (2021): Official Teaser | HBO

With a wealth of never-before-seen footage, audio tapes, personal photos, and new interviews, including with the singer herself, TINA presents an unvarnished and dynamic account of the life and career of music icon Tina Turner. 

Get to know the woman behind the name.TINA is a revealing and intimate look at the life and career of musical icon Tina Turner, charting her improbable rise to early fame, her personal and professional struggles throughout her life and her even more improbable resurgence as a global phenomenon in the 1980s. 

I'm looking forward to it but the trailer concerns me a little bit. She's such a remarkable woman that's lived such an incredible life and a film about her needs to rise above being a run of the mill, dime a dozen documentary and this trailer kinda has that feel. The reviews have been enthusiastic so I hope (and am pretty confident) that it's just the case of a poor trailer not representing a fantastic film well.