Billie Frank

White woman gets tanning injections and now "identifies as black"...

Just now, Wonho said:

This is old news WillieWonka bey11 But yes many people have race dysmorphia, there's a white guy in brazil who got surgery to look asian too.

article-2645950-1E66385100000578-652_636x382.jpg

I'm not sure i'd call it race dysmorphia, but rather internalized racism... 

Just now, Wonho said:

brit14 Why racism?

Because it's basically implying that your race is inferior, which to me is racism. A race can be racist against itself, in the same way a gay person can still be homophobic. 

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Because it's basically implying that your race is inferior, which to me is racism. A race can be racist against itself, in the same way a gay person can still be homophobic. 

I think you just opened a can of haggis there... rih2 Wonder if someone's going to call you out on the issue that you can't be racist against white people...

For me, it's the fact that that woman got super large breasts, she's basically stereotyping Black women, that was the racism part for me, even though she seemingly appreciates being a Black woman and the man got those eyes. In defense for the Brazil man, I think he's just trying to look like his favourite singer.

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

What you said also makes me think about myself. I feel like I have internal colourism, remember when I said I wanted to bleach my skin? nicki5 I was being half serious I guess. I feel like being whiter would make me more appealing to gays. Also I can't imagine myself being with a fem guy, I feel like I have internalised homophobia as well. I wonder if it's OK to admit that in public. nicki5

1 minute ago, Wonho said:

I think you just opened a can of haggis there... rih2 Wonder if someone's going to call you out on the issue that you can't be racist against white people...

Well i mean racism by definition is discrimination based on race or ethnicity. It's not specific to any particular race. It can happen in all directions, the issue tends to more be the imbalance in racism and unfair treatment of certain races by the establishment. Race being just a white/black issue is a myth it's far more complex, go to any Western European country and you'll likely see or hear about racism from white natives against white Eastern Europeans, likewise with North Americans against South Americans etc. 

5 minutes ago, Wonho said:

For me, it's the fact that that woman got super large breasts, she's basically stereotyping Black women, that was the racism part for me, even though she seemingly appreciates being a Black woman and the man got those eyes. In defense for the Brazil man, I think he's just trying to look like his favourite singer.

Yeah i agree, plus she mentioned about "widening her nose". 

Well i mean racism by definition is discrimination based on race or ethnicity. It's not specific to any particular race. It can happen in all directions, the issue tends to more be the imbalance in racism and unfair treatment of certain races by the establishment. Race being just a white/black issue is a myth it's far more complex, go to any Western European country and you'll likely see or hear about racism from white natives against white Eastern Europeans, likewise with North Americans against South Americans etc. 

10 minutes ago, Wonho said:

I definitely agree with you on that front. That reminds me of White Australians being racist to European backpackers because they had an accent. nicki5 So yeah, whites can be racist against other whites.

Yeah i agree, plus she mentioned about "widening her nose". 

It is racist of her to think that to be black you have to look like a typical Black Woman, not all of them have those features that she wants to emulate... Same for when US TV shows only cast Asians with super small eyes... nicki5

1 minute ago, Wonho said:

What you said also makes me think about myself. I feel like I have internal colourism, remember when I said I wanted to bleach my skin? nicki5 I was being half serious I guess. I feel like being whiter would make me more appealing to gays. Also I can't imagine myself being with a fem guy, I feel like I have internalised homophobia as well. I wonder if it's OK to admit that in public. nicki5

It's strange how some people want to bleach their skin to be lighter yet those who are lighter often want to be darker. I guess it all just goes back to the long outdated social ideas/concepts that a darker skin tone made you inferior or that people who are very light "look ill". 

Please don't bleach your skin though, changing who you are doesn't make your more appealing, authenticity does. It's better to recognise and admit it something like that than be in denial about it. I think we've all had struggles with internalised homophobia and it's not really any of our fault. You can't example blame someone for internalised homophobia when you've been brought up in a homophobic world. 

2 minutes ago, Wonho said:

I definitely agree with you on that front. That reminds me of White Australians being racist to European backpackers because they had an accent. nicki5 So yeah, whites can be racist against other whites.

Indeed, even then people of colour can be racist against people of colour too. As i said above racism as a while is not really about one against the other, it's "all against everyone else and themselves".  It's kinda stupid when you look at it, but i think sometimes you have to just recognise that often it comes down to how people are brought up. If someone has been brought up in a closed minded environment and had certain beliefs put upon them you can't exactly be shocked when they believe those beliefs. Factual, fair and balanced education particularly at an early age is key.  I still remember in Primary 7 (age 11) the school i went to done a big thing teaching about slavery etc and it really opened my eyes to a world that (up until that point) i hadn't known existed. I'm rambling on a bit but i guess my point is that racism isn't as clear cut as it seems and often goes much deeper. 

6 minutes ago, Wonho said:

It is racist of her to think that to be black you have to look like a typical Black Woman, not all of them have those features that she wants to emulate... Same for when US TV shows only cast Asians with super small eyes... nicki5

Yeah, i mean there are certain features that are specific or more prevalent in certain races, that's fact and i don't think anyone can really deny that. But saying you have to have all of those features or they have to be exaggerated to be that race is blatant racism. 

15 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

It's strange how some people want to bleach their skin to be lighter yet those who are lighter often want to be darker. I guess it all just goes back to the long outdated social ideas/concepts that a darker skin tone made you inferior or that people who are very light "look ill". 

Please don't bleach your skin though, changing who you are doesn't make your more appealing, authenticity does. It's better to recognise and admit it something like that than be in denial about it. I think we've all had struggles with internalised homophobia and it's not really any of our fault. You can't example blame someone for internalised homophobia when you've been brought up in a homophobic world. 

It's easy for you to say sis, since you've never been discriminated against for your skin colour oprah4

7 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Indeed, even then people of colour can be racist against people of colour too. As i said above racism as a while is not really about one against the other, it's "all against everyone else and themselves".  It's kinda stupid when you look at it, but i think sometimes you have to just recognise that often it comes down to how people are brought up. If someone has been brought up in a closed minded environment and had certain beliefs put upon them you can't exactly be shocked when they believe those beliefs. Factual, fair and balanced education particularly at an early age is key.  I still remember in Primary 7 (age 11) the school i went to done a big thing teaching about slavery etc and it really opened my eyes to a world that (up until that point) i hadn't known existed. I'm rambling on a bit but i guess my point is that racism isn't as clear cut as it seems and often goes much deeper. 

Yeah, i mean there are certain features that are specific or more prevalent in certain races, that's fact and i don't think anyone can really deny that. But saying you have to have all of those features or they have to be exaggerated to be that race is blatant racism. 

Education definitely plays a role, but also being exposed to many different types of people and cultures is important too. I also think personality comes to play as well, for me for example, if I don't believe in something, I won't do it no matter how hard people try to brainwash me... for example getting married to a woman and having kids etc... dead2

Just now, Wonho said:

It's easy for you to say sis, since you've never been discriminated against for your skin colour oprah4

I know but still. Don't let the idiot racists change you who are. 

3 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Education definitely plays a role, but also being exposed to many different types of people and cultures is important too. I also think personality comes to play as well, for me for example, if I don't believe in something, I won't do it no matter how hard people try to brainwash me... for example getting married to a woman and having kids etc... dead2

I agree. And it's not just about knowing "all people are equal" but rather knowing the history good and bad also helps as it allows you to understand things in a greater context. I'm the same growing up i used to often get in to trouble for questioning things, but in my view i don't really see that as a bad thing, curiosity is natural and should be embraced. You can't really learn if you don't have questions/curiosities. 

Well 10 years ago i would've thought i'd be married to my then "girlfriend", have a job and my own house by now. dead2dead2dead2

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I know but still. Don't let the idiot racists change you who are. 

I agree. And it's not just about knowing "all people are equal" but rather knowing the history good and bad also helps as it allows you to understand things in a greater context. I'm the same growing up i used to often get in to trouble for questioning things, but in my view i don't really see that as a bad thing, curiosity is natural and should be embraced. You can't really learn if you don't have questions/curiosities. 

Well 10 years ago i would've thought i'd be married to my then "girlfriend", have a job and my own house by now. dead2dead2dead2

What sort of questions were you asking? mad1

dead2I mean you were 10, when we were all 10, I'm sure we thought we could be doctors, astronauts etc... mad1 Then reality hits.

2 minutes ago, Wonho said:

What sort of questions were you asking? mad1

A teacher once said that one ton is heavier than most cars. Which is factually inaccurate as the average is more than that. mad1

Another also once said that "buses are for short journeys and coaches are for long journeys" at which point i informed that from a legal perspective the difference in the UK is that a vehicle registered as a coach has seatbelts and a floor attachment for wheelchairs where as a bus doesn't, additionally you're not allowed standing passengers on a coach. mad1

3 minutes ago, Wonho said:

dead2I mean you were 10, when we were all 10, I'm sure we thought we could be doctors, astronauts etc... mad1 Then reality hits.

I was 9, i'm not 20 yet. dead2

n9r42hcoond31.jpg

Serving Joanne into Chromatica