Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

'iCarly' & 'Sam & Cat' star Jennette McCurdy quits acting, says she 'resents' her career

jennette-mccurdy-icarly.jpg

Fans of Nickelodeon’s “Sam & Cat” & “iCarly” can count out series co-star Jennette McCurdy, who has all but confirmed that she will not reprise her role as Sam Puckett in the upcoming sequel season. McCurdy, 28, confessed in a recent episode of a podcast she hosts called “Empty Inside” that she’s “ashamed” of her past acting career.

My experience with acting is, I’m so ashamed of the parts I’ve done in the past. I resent my career in a lot of ways. I feel so unfulfilled by the roles that I played and felt like it was the most cheesy, embarrassing,” she said. “I did the shows that I was on from like 13 to 21, and by 15, I was already embarrassed. My friends at 15, they’re not like, ‘Oh, cool, you’re on this Nickelodeon show.’ It was embarrassing. And I imagine there’s a very different experience to be had with acting if you’re proud of your roles, and if you feel fulfilled by them.”

McCurdy said she’d ultimately quit acting in favor of taking on more writing and directing work. “It’s going great. I quit a few years ago because I initially didn’t want to do it,” she admitted. When asked if she’d ever act again, McCurdy confirmed that she bowed out of acting following the debut of her highly personal solo live show “I’m Glad My Mom Died” in February 2020. “I wrote this one-woman show, and I performed that, and I really did not want to because of the nerves. Because of feeling like I don’t want to f- -king act anymore,” she said.

But she wouldn’t say “never,” offering that the right director might be able to coax her back on set. “I feel like I have a point of view, and I have a vision. We’ll see where things are in a few years,” McCurdy said.

x

I do hope the best for her and she recovers from all the trauma she lived on her younger years

I hope this won't turn into an Amanda bynes meltdown and she truly finds something that makes her happy 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.