Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Miley leaves RCA, signs with Columbia

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fb6%2Fb3%2Fdf3e56d840278aabaccc1d6e9ce0%2Fvirus-outbreak-entertainment-whats-happening-29037.jpg

Ron Perry has swooped in and signed Miley Cyrus to Columbia Records on the heels of her deal ending at RCA.

Perry’s relationship with the Cyrus family runs deep—he’s worked for years with RECORDS/Columbia’s Noah Cyrus and was heavily involved in the record run of Billy Ray Cyrus joining Lil Nas X on “Old Country Road.” Perry, who has also had a long relationship with Miley’s co-managers Adam Leber and Tish Cyrus, signed Miley directly.

Cyrus released three studio albums for RCA—the million-seller Bangerz in 2013, Younger Now in 2017 and Plastic Hearts, which weas released in late November. “We Can’t Stop,” Wrecking Ball” and “Malibu” were her biggest hits at the Sony Music label.

x

Happy Saturday Night Live GIF

This is fantastic news. RCA has not done shit for Miley since she signed with them, and I do believe Columbia is going to be a smart move for her.

Honestly, Jive should have remained open and RCA should have shut down. Their mishandling of artists is deplorable.

She’s basically just moving from one Sony label to another.  I’m not sure how this is going to change things for her. Avril left RCA for Epic and it was the same shit, different pile. nicki4

Also, that means Plastic Hearts era is over, kids. oprah14

16 minutes ago, ajp said:

She’s basically just moving from one Sony label to another.  I’m not sure how this is going to change things for her. Avril left RCA for Epic and it was the same shit, different pile. nicki4

Avril left RCA for Epic due to L.A. Reid, who signed her to LaFace back in the day, and she only went to RCA because LaFace folded into RCA.

5 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Awesome! xtina10 Xtina next pls jj2

I remember the rumour, prior to Liberation's release, which believed Christina had left RCA for Capitol.

This has been verified by Billboard and Variety, the former of which reports: "Columbia chairman/CEO Ron Perry made several trips to Los Angeles over the past few months to personally court Cyrus, who released her well-received seventh studio album Plastic Hearts on RCA in November."

So, this has [realistically] been in-the-working since the release of Plastic Hearts.

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:

I remember the rumour, prior to Liberation's release, which believed Christina had left RCA for Capitol.

Well, that turned out to be fake. dead2 The producers/artists that are posting BTS pics of the Spanish recording sessions keep tagging Sony Music Latin tho, so she'll most likely release the next album through there. jj2 Mi Reflejo was released through a different label as well, BMG Latin, but that has since been bought by Sony. RCA's owned by Sony as well.

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:

Avril left RCA for Epic due to L.A. Reid, who signed her to LaFace back in the day, and she only went to RCA because LaFace folded into RCA.

Yes, Avril’s  personal relationship with LA Reid (He signed her to Arista) got her contract transferred out of RCA to Epic. They took over the promotion of her Goodbye Lullaby era. 

2 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Well, that turned out to be fake. dead2 The producers/artists that are posting BTS pics of the Spanish recording sessions keep tagging Sony Music Latin tho, so she'll most likely release the next album through there. jj2 Mi Reflejo was released through a different label as well, BMG Latin, but that has since been bought by Sony. RCA's owned by Sony as well.

BMG Latin = Sony Music Latin to me. Both do what they do, and I hope the latter works better for Christina Aguilera's Spanish album than the former did.

14 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

BMG Latin = Sony Music Latin to me. Both do what they do, and I hope the latter works better for Christina Aguilera's Spanish album than the former did.

Ugh, I just remembered the cheap-ass visuals of Mi Reflejo. fall2 Hopefully they'll handle this era better. mad5

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.