Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Camila took weekly 'racial healing sessions' after Tumblr controversy

CamilaCabello.jpg

Camila Cabello understands that before you dedicate yourself to helping others, sometimes you have to help yourself first.

The singer tells People in its Women Changing the World issue that after she issued her 2019 public apology for racist language she used on her Tumblr page as a teen, she enrolled herself in weekly racial healing sessions with the National Compadres Network. "It created a space where I was held accountable," she says. "You get corrected, you have homework, and you learn. That's how you move forward. Now I know better so I can do better."

Camila has since taken what she’s learned in those sessions and used it to create something positive. "As I learned more about other people's experiences in the world, I was like, 'How do I help the people who are on the frontlines of dismantling systems that create oppression? And how do I bridge that with my own personal journey with mental health and healing?'" says Camila.

x

gettyimages-1164253055.jpg?h=f728280d&itok=vA8u3tlv

In January, Camila also joined in on the discussion for “The National Day of Racial Healing 2021”.

Video:

Spoiler

Excerpts:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Is this some sort of damage control? dead2 Or these classes really exist? 

JKRowling needs one for transgender issues.

It really does exist apparently dead2 a rehab for racists, I guess? 

It must been truly bad if you need to go REHAB for being racist. Also this reeks of PR. If she was an everyday person she'd just shut up and move on with her life dead2  Expecting another single or album from her in a bit, then.

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I think she's a lost cause. 

Yeah and plus she's pretty old, which isn't ageist but the older you are, the less likely you are to change your mindset on something rip4 

Besides I'm pretty sure people have spammed her with enough resources at this point so if she's still refusing to change her mindset, well.. dead2 Camila is at least still young. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.