Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

zack

Why are Rihanna's biggest hits features?

46 minutes ago, Snow said:

No, I absolutely get it.

Just the way some of the posts going against both Taylor here and Rihanna is a bit uncomfy. Like by all means, argue about Taylor's vocals or Rihanna's songwriting skills or whatever, but I just don't see how attacking Rihanna's "saggy tits" or comparing Taylor's body to a "plywood" among other things contribute ANYTHING to the discussion.

I'm sure some of y'all will just mark me as another SJW making the BGs boring, but on the contrary I'll argue that a BG running on tired, cheap, overused 2012 drags like "she looks like a whale!" and "haha! she has no ass!" IS boring. Like.. there are plenty of facts and receipts to be argued over. There's no need to resort to bodyshaming, especially when these people have more attractive physique than ANY of us. And no I don't care who started what first, this isn't kindergarten. 

But oh well, that's just my 2c. You guys carry on. rip4

I don't disagree with you. I actually feel bad for saying those things about Taylor because, despite what happened here, I don't hate her.. I actually found out a little after the post was made that she had an eating disorder so I feel extra bad for saying what I said. I shouldn't have to act like those same men that I despise to get my point across. I shouldn't body-shamed Taylor the same way Rihanna shouldn't have been slut-shamed. So yeah, I hope I didn't trigger anyone with my statements

6 hours ago, Lynk said:

I don't disagree with you. I actually feel bad for saying those things about Taylor because, despite what happened here, I don't hate her.. I actually found out a little after the post was made that she had an eating disorder so I feel extra bad for saying what I said. I shouldn't have to act like those same men that I despise to get my point across. I shouldn't body-shamed Taylor the same way Rihanna shouldn't have been slut-shamed. So yeah, I hope I didn't trigger anyone with my statements

Yeah, all good.

I just had to mention it because we need to be more careful about these things. Like it's not even about protecting Taylor/Rihanna's feelings or whatever, but we should keep in mind that when you attack celebrities based on their looks, it can easily be extended & applied to others, including other members who share the features you're attacking. 

For example, Taylor's body is naturally skinny and she's dealt with body dysmorphia and an eating disorder, as you've mentioned. You know who else has those traits? A lot of other people, including some members here. From there you can see how things can get very personal real quick, even if you didn't mean to.

But anyways, I don't wanna keep derailing this thread. I've made my points and I know you feel bad about it. This hasn't changed how I feel about you, you're still one of my favorite members on the site. So yeah, all good. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.