Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Selena may be retiring from music

selena-gomez-on-air-with-ryan-seacrest-vid-2019-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

At one point, she’d talked to me about her frustration at feeling that her work hadn’t yet transcended her persona.

“It’s hard to keep doing music when people don’t necessarily take you seriously,” she’d said. “I’ve had moments where I’ve been like, ‘What’s the point? Why do I keep doing this?’ ‘Lose You to Love Me’ I felt was the best song I’ve ever released, and for some people it still wasn’t enough. I think there are a lot of people who enjoy my music, and for that I’m so thankful, for that I keep going, but I think the next time I do an album it’ll be different. I want to give it one last try before I maybe retire music.” When I ask her about this again, she winces and says, “I need to be careful.” She clarifies that she wants to spend more time producing and to “give myself a real shot at acting.”

x

selena-gomez.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=1800

A melancholy tenderness surrounds Gomez’s memories of the last time in her life that her own potential felt uncomplicated. It was when she was first filming Wizards, when she and her mom would get to the set in the morning, and her TV family would be there too, and everyone would sit around and drink coffee and go over lines. “They were there before any of it,” she tells me. “They loved me for me, and they still do. I can’t say that I have that anymore. I can’t meet someone and know if they like me for me.”

On the white couch, with her dog curled up on her legs and the single string of Christmas lights behind her, she says, “To be honest, I just want to start over. I want everything to be brand-new. I want someone to love me like I’m brand-new.”

that extreme fame must be extremely difficult to deal with though so I understand where she's coming from bey8 

that being said, I feel like her music has always lacked authenticity brit10

1 hour ago, Atlantis Princess said:

She has retired from music for a couple of times now brit15

Yeah this isn't the first time she was 'retiring' dead1 

But I think it's for real this time, the past 2-3 years have been especially turbulent for her on all fronts. I hope not though, she helps to keep the pop scene interesting. With Taylor hiding in the woods and Ms. Fenty basically having retired as well, Dua is pretty much gonna be the only pop girl serving consistently (and too much) dead4 

18 minutes ago, Snow said:

But I think it's for real this time, the past 2-3 years have been especially turbulent for her on all fronts. I hope not though, she helps to keep the pop scene interesting. With Taylor hiding in the woods and Ms. Fenty basically having retired as well, Dua is pretty much gonna be the only pop girl serving consistently (and too much) dead4 

I think she would have a better career in acting. The pop star thing isn't really for her, especially because as she said no one is taking her seriously no matter how hard she tries. And she never prioritized it either.

She was always a better actress than musician.

5 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I think she would have a better career in acting. The pop star thing isn't really for her, especially because as she said no one is taking her seriously no matter how hard she tries. And she never prioritized it either.

She was always a better actress than musician.

Agreed, she's clearly always loved acting more, so much that she'd make time to act while in the middle of music eras but rarely ever the other way. 

Plus Selena is really soft as a person, and yet the pop star life comes with an intense amount of scrutiny. I don't think she would have survived a media firestorm like the ones Taylor, Britney, Katy and Gaga experienced. So acting may just be the better option for her moving forward. I'm sure she'll come back to music to some degree eventually though. 

1 hour ago, Snow said:

orangu1

Is this true news though, or just Spanish Whispers?

42 minutes ago, LÉON said:

orangu1

Is this true news though, or just Spanish Whispers?

This is from her interview with vogue, so it's literally what she said dead2 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

This is from her interview with vogue, so it's literally what she said dead2 

I just wanted to make that joke orangu1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:27 PM, Snow said:

Lose You to Love Me’ I felt was the best song I’ve ever released, and for some people it still wasn’t enough.

Girl it literally went #1 dead1 What else did she want? A Grammy? Umm

10 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Girl it literally went #1 dead1 What else did she want? A Grammy? Umm

I think it was more that she released the best song of her career and she was still getting a lot of criticism about it dead1 which I guess is a bit of a silly complaint? Like there's ALWAYS gonna be someone that doesn't like the work you put out, no matter how good it is. 

10 minutes ago, Snow said:

I think it was more that she released the best song of her career and she was still getting a lot of criticism about it dead1 which I guess is a bit of a silly complaint? Like there's ALWAYS gonna be someone that doesn't like the work you put out, no matter how good it is. 

Exactly dead1 You could be shitting with gold and some people will be like “Why not with diamonds?” if you know what I mean dead1 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.