Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Autumn Variations

FOTP Faves popularity rankings (Famous Birthdays)

How it works: Every week, I will sort the Faves by popularity on Famous Birthdays, in the case that their ranks change. All numbers came from this site, BTW

Ariana Grande - #4

Selena Gomez - #19

Taylor Swift - #20

Beyoncé - #33

Rihanna - #93

Katy Perry - #96

Lady Gaga - #159

Britney Spears - #211

Dua Lipa - #283

Lana Del Rey - #344

Mariah Carey - #531

Madonna - #602

Ellie Goulding - #1105

Christina Aguilera - #1320

Kylie Minogue - #3215

Just now, Wonho said:

moo4 I don't know what this site is, or how the rankings work... moo4 But it's obviously not credible. GOGr.gif

Basically if you're on there then to Gen-Z your a celebrity. I think its mostly filled with tickty-tocketers though. 

4 hours ago, Lynk said:

How is Selena higher that Taylor? 

3 hours ago, mylifelies said:

The site is targeted towards Gen Z so either a lot of teens like Selena's music or...I don't fucking know at this point. Maybe they have known Selena during her Disney days?

Honestly people keep underestimating how popular Selena is. It's easy for our judgement to be clouded by the fact that she's not the biggest pop girl, but she really is an established and recognized name globally. It might sound ridiculous, but it's true.

VtFMpKP.png

This is the Google trends of Taylor, Selena and Gaga for the last 10 years (I chose Gaga because they started around the same time & her antics tend to be a headline maker). 

You can see that Selena holds up relatively well against them. Even in countries where she's not the first, including the United States and Canada, she tends to be second. After all, Selena was for the longest time the most followed woman on Instagram, and that didn't happen out of nowhere. Today she still has 215m followers, compared to Taylor's 150m and Gaga's 46.6m. 

So when you look at the stats, she's actually pretty massively popular. Just that her lukewarm music career make stans think she's smaller than she actually is. brit16

7 minutes ago, Snow said:

Honestly people keep underestimating how popular Selena is. It's easy for our judgement to be clouded by the fact that she's not the biggest pop girl, but she really is an established and recognized name globally. It might sound ridiculous, but it's true.

VtFMpKP.png

This is the Google trends of Taylor, Selena and Gaga for the last 10 years (I chose Gaga because they started around the same time & her antics tend to be a headline maker). 

You can see that Selena holds up relatively well against them. Even in countries where she's not the first, including the United States and Canada, she tends to be second. After all, Selena was for the longest time the most followed woman on Instagram, and that didn't happen out of nowhere. Today she still has 215m followers, compared to Taylor's 150m and Gaga's 46.6m. 

So when you look at the stats, she's actually pretty massively popular. Just that her lukewarm music career make stans think she's smaller than she actually is. brit16

I always knew was very popular I just thought Taylor was bigger. Also, how does Gaga only have 46.6 Instagram followers? 

3 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I always knew was very popular I just thought Taylor was bigger. Also, how does Gaga only have 46.6 Instagram followers? 

Gaga blew up around the rise of Twitter, and her "downfall" started around the time Instagram blew up, so she never got to take full advantage of it dead2 

She fares much better on Twitter where she has 84m followers, compared to Taylor's 88.5m and Selena's 64.8m. But none of them really actively uses Twitter anymore, they've all mostly migrated to Instagram. rip4 

2 hours ago, LÉON said:

I still don't understand katy2 @mylifelies please explain.

Basically what I did was that I ranked all the faves on popularity at a site called Famous Birthdays (I don't know what type of math the use for their popularity system) and every week if anything changes I'll update it. In that case, every Wednesday

Let's see if anything has changed jj2

Ariana Grande - #4

Selena Gomez - #19

Taylor Swift - #20

Beyonce - #31

Rihanna - #89

Katy Perry - #93

Lady Gaga - #156

Dua Lipa - #202

Britney Spears - #235

Lana Del Rey - #342

Mariah Carey - #524

Madonna - #600

Ellie Goulding - #1101

Christina Aguilera - #1320

Kylie Minogue - #3316

3/24 Update

Ariana Grande - #4

Selena Gomez - #19

Taylor Swift - #20

Beyoncé - #31

Katy Perry - #94

Rihanna - #99

Lady Gaga - #151

Dua Lipa - #204

Britney Spears - #238

Lana Del Rey - #367

Mariah Carey - #521

Madonna - #588

Ellie Goulding - #1090

Christina Aguilera - #1337

Kylie Minogue - #3323

I missed a day, but that is okay because those names mentioned today will be messier than ever jj2

Coach on TV's "The Voice" Grande - #4

Selener Gomez - #19

Cobra Commander Swift - #20

Sasha Fierce - #31

Katya Perry - #94

The alleged musician - #100

Lady BUY CHROMATICA OREOS NOW! - #147

Ava Lipa - #211

America's Robyn Spears - #251

Lizzy Grant Del Rey - #397

Clarice Carey - #462

Lady Gaga - #576

That girl who sung On My Mind like ten years ago Goulding - #1098

Xtinct - #1323

Ms. Jenner Minogue - #3282

Famous Birthdays is so weird rip3  like, who even are Jacob Sartorius or Piper Rockefeller and in what universe are they more popular than Billie Eilish rip3 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.