Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Uber driver assaulted, coughed on over mask policy

uber1.jpg?w=2000&ssl=1

When Uber driver Subhakar Khadka picked up three women in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon, he reminded them of the rideshare platform’s policy that all riders wear face masks. The passenger refused and deliberately coughed on the driver, snatched his cell phone, and ripped off his mask, while the other two passengers berated the driver.

“Fuck the masks!” the passenger screamed at the driver, along with other racist slurs, which were captured in dashcam footage that has since gone viral. Another rider yelled, “And I got corona!” While the three riders did eventually get out of car, one of the passengers “reached into an open window and sprayed what is believed to be pepper spray into the vehicle and towards the driver,” a San Francisco police spokesperson told HuffPost. Unable to breathe, Khadka says that he, too, had to get out of his car.

Khadka believes that the motivating factor behind the attack was race. “I never said anything bad to them, I never cursed, I was not raised that way,” Khadka, who immigrated from Nepal eight years ago to help financially support his family, told a local station. Amid the pandemic, the U.S. has seen a staggering spike in racist attacks and hate crimes against Asian Americans, especially in the Bay Area. According to the Stop AAPI Hatereporting center, between March and December 2020 — when Donald Trump was frequently deploying racist rhetoric about the coronavirus — the project received more than 2,800 reports of discrimination or hate against Asian Americans across the country; about 700 of those took place in the Bay Area.

x

One of the women in the video says she is planning to sue Uber.

She also who vowed she'd only use Lyft after Uber banned her, only for Lyft to respond by also banning her from their platform.

9cb54b236e614ab8a28826558666e616_md.jpg

A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to help Uber driver Subhakar Khadka after Uber only offered him $120 to have his car cleaned of the pepper spray that was used in his vehicle during the incident.

35 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I saw her on Instagram live using the N word and threating with lawsuits rip4 She's a mess

Yeah she said it in the video too dead1 appalling really

All three girls deserve to have charges filed against them, especially the two who openly coughed. Fucking disgusting pieces of trash. I hope their parents, or lack of parents, are ashamed of these three. Fucking gross. He deserved to be smacked? No. YOU deserve to be fucking smacked. Fucking gross. brit5

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.