Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Bieber skipping Grammys because he's still upset he wasn't nominated in R&B categories

Justin Bieber is skipping the 2021 Grammys.

According to Page Six, the singer, who's nominated for four awards, has decided against attending the music industry's biggest night because he's still upset that his album "Changes" is nominated in the pop category instead of the R&B category.

The “Hold On” crooner’s decision to skip out on music’s biggest night also comes after Bieber — who’s nominated for four awards this weekend — called out the Recording Academy for nominating his album “Changes” in a pop category instead of classifying it as R&B as intended. “I am flattered to be acknowledged and appreciated for my artistry. I am very meticulous and intentional about my music. With that being said, I set out to make an R&B album,” he wrote on Instagram following the nominations announcement. “‘Changes’ was and is an R&B album. It is not being acknowledged as an R&B album, which is very strange to me.”

The “Holy” singer said the Recording Academy’s “weird” decision was a disappointment, as it was his dream to “make a project that would embody that sound.”

“For this not to be put into that category feels weird, considering from the chords to the melodies to the vocal style, all the way down to the hip-hop drums that were chosen, it is undeniably, unmistakably an R&B album!”

x

Justin-Bieber-02-press-by-Joe-Termini-2020-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

Justin is up for:
Best Pop Solo Performance for "Yummy,"
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "Intentions," which features Quavo
Best Country Duo/Group Performance for his feature in Dan + Shay's "10,000 Hours,"
Best Pop Vocal Album for "Changes," 

On 3/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, Snow said:

Justin is up for:
Best Pop Solo Performance for "Yummy,"

THIS has a Grammy nomination?

fall9fall9fall9

OK The Weeknd, I get your point now I- jj4

On 3/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, Lynk said:

He should be thanking every god under every religion that he even got a nomination, let alone four. 

based on his IG posts, he really turned into a hardcore christian or idk wat1 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.