Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Demi Lovato says she still drinks alcohol and smokes weed after near-fatal overdose

0_MAIN-Demi-Lovato.jpg

Demi Lovato has always been candid about her issues with addiction.

And in a new interview, the former child star, 28, has said that she is not 100 per cent sober as she figures out her own way to tackle her relationship with booze and drugs.

In 2018, Sorry Not Sorry singer Demi relapsed after being sober for a solid six years and almost lost her life after suffering from a heart attack and three strokes.

After her overdose, the talented star spent two weeks recovering in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and then returned to rehab for a number of weeks until she felt well enough to head back into the real world.

The chart-topper has told that she is done with the stuff that caused her overdose, but that if she tells herself she can never have a drink or smoke weed again it would be setting herself up for failure.

Speaking on her journey, and how she believes there is no "one-size-fits-all" solution to people battling demons, she told Glamour magazine: "A one-size-fits-all solution does not work for everybody."

The hitmaker added: "What I’m encouraging people to do is just make choices for themselves, autonomy, for me, is what changed my life."

x

Yeah not really wise given her history. She's saying she's "changed her life" etc and while she may have done and that's great, lets not forget she was saying the same things almost a decade ago. 

28 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

As someone who has suffered multiple strokes myself, I can only simply state drinking is not something she should be doing. But, it is her choice.

I don't drink or smoke and never have, i don't see the need or point. Although sadly too many fall for peer pressure and end up addicted, especially in the later school/teen years. 

40 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Same, people in high school tried to offer me, but I refused. UByxs5c.gif

I never was. But then most of the people who did go down the back alleys near the school and smoke i knew of anyway, it wasn't like it was some "scary person in a higher year group", so even if they did offer i probably would've found it pretty easy to just say no. UByxs5c.gif

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

I never was. But then most of the people who did go down the back alleys near the school and smoke i knew of anyway, it wasn't like it was some "scary person in a higher year group", so even if they did offer i probably would've found it pretty easy to just say no. UByxs5c.gif

Why would you agree if someone older offers though? UByxs5c.gif

7 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Why would you agree if someone older offers though? UByxs5c.gif

I wouldn't, but i'm saying some would be more likely too since they're older. UByxs5c.gif

I can see why tbh. It must be hard knowing you can never even touch alcohol again. If it works for her, why not. As long as she doesn’t become an alcoholic instead of being addicted to drugs..

All is fine in moderation

If have a drink now and again helps her regain normality it's probably fine. 

Problem is she was surrounded by people who enabled her to get hold of opioids

Like, she wasn't baking it in her kitchen, someone actually gave it to her 

4 hours ago, Kristina said:

I can see why tbh. It must be hard knowing you can never even touch alcohol again. If it works for her, why not. As long as she doesn’t become an alcoholic instead of being addicted to drugs..

Alcohol is a drug... but, again, as someone who has had two strokes, it is not in her best interest to be drinking. It can interact with potential medical she is on and can cause high blood pressure, which could cause subsequent strokes. It is not a smart decision. If she is drinking, it is recommended she not have more than two standard drinks. Of course, I would assume she has discussed this with her doctor beforehand.

1 hour ago, Ruthless Love said:

Alcohol is a drug... but, again, as someone who has had two strokes, it is not in her best interest to be drinking. It can interact with potential medical she is on and can cause high blood pressure, which could cause subsequent strokes. It is not a smart decision. If she is drinking, it is recommended she not have more than two standard drinks. Of course, I would assume she has discussed this with her doctor beforehand.

It doesn't say anything about excessive drinking though. Just that she won't tell herself to never have a drink again. Either way, it seems to be a risk she's willing to take and I'm sure she has discussed it with her doctor.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.