Ruthless Love

Sarah Harding almost died of sepsis and was in a coma for two weeks after cancer diagnosis

1_MAIN-Sarah-Hardings-gruelling-weekly-chemotherapy-as-she-confirms-tragic-cancer-diagnosis.jpg

Sarah Harding has revealed that she almost died of sepsis in hospital after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

The Girls Aloud star says she was placed in a coma for two weeks as she fought off the potentially-deadly infection.

Sarah, 39, had initially dismissed the pain in her body as a cyst and avoided going to the doctors because of Covid - as she urged people not to make the same mistake.

The brave singer first opened up about her health battle last August, telling fans she had advanced cancer which had spread to other parts of her body.

Speaking in her new book Hear Me Out, extracts of which have been shared in The Times, Sarah said: "At first I thought it was just a cyst. The trouble was the pain was getting worse. It got so bad that I couldn’t sleep in a bed. Eventually my skin started to bruise. By now I was terrified.

x

I'm honestly heart broken. She was always my favourite member of girls aloud and seeing the sheer joy on her face while performing was brilliant

While I get this is likely a terminal diagnosis, part of me still hopes she can make somewhat of a recovery

A close friend of mine and my partner's mother recently had sepsis and it doesn't not sound fun. Poor Sarah really doesn't deserve so much bad luck cry3