Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

The Official Grammys Thread - BG Edition

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

Literally made a career based on being unpolitical, writing songs trashing her famous list of ex-lovers and all the people she thinks did her wrong.

Sabotaged YOUR FAVES career through a sequence of petty moves simply because she hired some of her dancers...and then went on to proclaim herself a FEMINIST. Taylor is and has always been a despicable, calculated person. It literally took AGES for her to even discredit the alt-right and voice her political opinion. for years she stayed silent and was complicit with rednecks, right-win, repuclican people stanning her because she KNEW it benefitted her.

this post reeks of misogyny bey8 your meltdown isn't even funny sis, just give it up and go to sleep this is patheticbey8 

4 minutes ago, Wonho said:

And madonna didn't? She made her career out of being controversial, without the controversies, she would be nothing... she can't sing or dance. brit8

Madonna's CONTROVERSIES are partially what allows us to be openly gay. dead2 She was one of the first people to support the LGBTQ+ community during the AIDS crisis. Most of her controversies laid the foundation for artists like Cardi and Meghan to even be allowed to perform a song like WAP at the Grammys.

What exactly has Taylor done? 90% of her discography are songs that are not even subtly targeting her ex-boyfriends or people she is and has been feuding to put them in a bad light. She literally a female Eminem.

Edit: Madonna can't DANCE??? Are you smoking crack?

Anyway, it's not like Taylor is a great vocalist and she is most DEFINITELY not a dancer.

2 minutes ago, fab said:

i can literally hear him frantically hammering his next essay into the cracked screen of his iphone 6 brit9 

iPhone 11 honey and my screen is shiny and new (like a virgin) ny9 

Was a little weird of William Eyelash to focus on Meg for her entire speech. I realize she hates this shit but girl, there were other nominees too. Don’t make them feel invisible lol. That cut to Dua was a little brutal. 

6 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Madonna's CONTROVERSIES are partially what allows us to be openly gay. dead2 She was one of the first people to support the LGBTQ+ community during the AIDS crisis. Most of her controversies laid the foundation for artists like Cardi and Meghan to even be allowed to perform a song like WAP at the Grammys.

What exactly has Taylor done? 90% of her discography are songs that are not even subtly targeting her ex-boyfriends or people she is and has been feuding to put them in a bad light. She literally a female Eminem.

Edit: Madonna can't DANCE??? Are you smoking crack?

Anyway, it's not like Taylor is a great vocalist and she is most DEFINITELY not a dancer.

Even if there were no Madonna's or Googa's, the world was progressing to be more open anyway. brit8 Next you're gonna say Madonna is responsible for trans rights, woman's rights, minorities' rights too? brit8

Taylor inspired the next generation of successful singers, Olivia Rodrigo is one... similar writing styles.

Here is Madonna dancing:

581j.gif

Just now, Wonho said:

Here is Madonna dancing:

581j.gif

How long did it take for you to find an example that was slightly mediocre?

Madonna at 54 outdancing your lame faves.

The absolute audacity of a Taylor Swift fan coming for Madonna's alleged lack of singing and/or dancing abilities when Taylor can literally do neither.

Good choice. Folklore or Future Nostalgia were the two front runners to me. I do think After Hours and co. would've been an universal sweep of all major categories had it been nominated. Possibly another reason why they skipped out on it? The giant sweeps feel uneventful and old @ this point. 

I may be completely over stan culture at this point, but nothing is more satisfying to see BTS suffer. More specifically, their cultist fans. Glad they lost EVERYTHING they were nominated for. Success does not buy you acclaim.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Good choice. Folklore or Future Nostalgia were the two front runners to me. I do think After Hours and co. would've been an universal sweep of all major categories had it been nominated. Possibly another reason why they skipped out on it? The giant sweeps feel uneventful and old @ this point. 

Folklore needs to be banned for being the soundtrack of the QAnon movement. Sign my petition! alex1 

35 minutes ago, Madonna said:

He actually DID win something.

34 minutes ago, Max said:

He did win best country dead1 

suddenly  I cant read... he won nothing!! moo8

30 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Um... so BTS performance was... something. Sounded weird to me. 

they sounded like they were choking, horrible vocals

Imagine having an meltdown over one of the most acclaimed albums of 2020, the definition of quarantine album and biggest career defining album of a Taylor's career winning over Dua's (still quite good) sophomore album.

Dua will have her moment in the future, and Future Nostalgia will go down as one of THE albums of 2020 and along with After Hours be part of the throwback sounds people have been doing since.

6 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

they sounded like they were choking, horrible vocals

I honestly thought something was wrong with my speakers... they sounded pitchy as hell

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.