Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Are Grammys racist for giving Taylor Swift aka. the alt-right's proclaimed "Arian queen" AOTY for a third time?

7 hours ago, BabyMario44 said:

OT: Folklore deserves nothing. Chromatica should've won instead! default_eve1.gif

Give it up delisshi, Croakasstica aged like farts... it does not deserve any grammy's, the only reason it won one was because of Scooter. JL1DLVZ.gif

6 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

This, Taylor definitely deserved her win, but FN was robbed. 

Contradictory statement. JL1DLVZ.gif

8 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:

There’s a difference between ambition and obsession. She should’ve been grateful for what she already had after the first win. 

I've gotta stop you there sis. No, there's not really a difference between ambition and obsession if you're actually ambitious about something. Ambition is not "oh I'd really like to have this", ambition is "I'm going to do everything to have this." Ambition is eating, sleeping, living your goals and not letting anything stand in the way of securing them, and if they don't get secured that goes hand in hand with crushing disappointment. When you've devoted all of your time and your energy into the things that you do, your work, your gifts to the world, it is absolutely something you obsess over. That's why Abel was so hurt by his snubs, that's why Ariana was defiant about performing at the Grammys. Now, does that disappointment and outrage always get shown publicly? No. But you're a fool if you assume that it doesn't happen behind closed doors because it absolutely does. 

If you wanna talk "shut up and be grateful" then just be grateful for what Dua did take home and stop trying to discredit someone else's win.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I've gotta stop you there sis. No, there's not really a difference between ambition and obsession if you're actually ambitious about something. Ambition is not "oh I'd really like to have this", ambition is "I'm going to do everything to have this." Ambition is eating, sleeping, living your goals and not letting anything stand in the way of securing them, and if they don't get secured that goes hand in hand with crushing disappointment. When you've devoted all of your time and your energy into the things that you do, your work, your gifts to the world, it is absolutely something you obsess over. That's why Abel was so hurt by his snubs, that's why Ariana was defiant about performing at the Grammys. Now, does that disappointment and outrage always get shown publicly? No. But you're a fool if you assume that it doesn't happen behind closed doors because it absolutely does. 

If you wanna talk "shut up and be grateful" then just be grateful for what Dua did take home and stop trying to discredit someone else's win.

Ok, well I have to stop YOU there too.

There's a difference between being ambitious/obsessive/whatever-you-want-to-call-it about your art,

about your music,

about the things you create and wanting it to be perfectly presented to the world;

compared to

creating something which although it IS great,

the reaction from certain people and committees in the form of trophies and titles,

as well as this apparant need to please people at award shows is just as important, if not MORE.

And that's exactly the vibe I seem to get from Taylor. Especially during the Red+1989+reputation years.

People shouldn't be in the music industry if their #1 goal is to just get hit records or awards or ANY type of accolade to prove how great they are.

^ That's not just directed at Taylor btw. ^

And I was never UNgrateful for Dua's win. She deserved everything and more that night imo.

Abel was rightly upset at the fact that the people hyping him up to be nominated for all these Grammys let him down.

But After Hours wasn't created for the purpose of pleasing the Grammys, after losing AOTY with his previous effort.

After Hours was created because he's an artist, and he's being... well... creative.

Look, at the end of the day, there's nothing we can do about who wins and who doesn't.

And actually between all 3 albums, folklore IS the most deserving of AOTY.

I'm just saying that Taylor herself did NOT need ANOTHER AOTY win to validate her artistry.

She wrote and released an album during a pandemic.

So what?

Lots of people did.

Thank you and goodnight ari4

19 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Alright, let me just say this,

and yes I am well aware that it hasn't even been 24 hours since the awards were given out! :

Did the folklore era deserve a Grammy? Yes. Yes, it did.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: folklore is Taylor's best album of her career so far.

HOWEVER

Taylor did NOT deserve AOTY for a 3rd f*cking time no matter what her stans say.

It was absolutely UNnecessary.

The first time I really paid attention to the actual winners of the Grammys was the year Red lost,

and I remember her saying that that night she was so upset that she ran home, cried, ate fast food and decided to switch genres????

She had already won ONCE before!

That's one more than a LOT of artists!

And even though she won a 2nd time for 1989,

that clearly wasn't good enough for her.

She went on to show the world how butthurt she was in her documentary,

when the reputation era didn't get nominated in the GF.

And she was like

"Oh don't worry! I'm making a better album!",

which resulted in Lover.

And that didn't get nominated either!!!!

I find it really bizarre and hilarious and sad that someone could just waltz into the Grammys,

lip-sync their performance,

and then walk away with 1 award which also happens to be the biggest award of the night,

and their 3rd overall.

But to answer the actual question: The Grammys have been racist for a LONG time, not just this year.

The Weeknd, Jhene Aiko and Chloe X Halle were all robbed.

If you're reading this, you've made it to the end of my rant.

Congratulations.

Before you downvote me, stream Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition.

8 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:

Ok, well I have to stop YOU there too.

There's a difference between being ambitious/obsessive/whatever-you-want-to-call-it about your art,

about your music,

about the things you create and wanting it to be perfectly presented to the world;

compared to

creating something which although it IS great,

the reaction from certain people and committees in the form of trophies and titles,

as well as this apparant need to please people at award shows is just as important, if not MORE.

And that's exactly the vibe I seem to get from Taylor. Especially during the Red+1989+reputation years.

People shouldn't be in the music industry if their #1 goal is to just get hit records or awards or ANY type of accolade to prove how great they are.

^ That's not just directed at Taylor btw. ^

And I was never UNgrateful for Dua's win. She deserved everything and more that night imo.

Abel was rightly upset at the fact that the people hyping him up to be nominated for all these Grammys let him down.

But After Hours wasn't created for the purpose of pleasing the Grammys, after losing AOTY with his previous effort.

After Hours was created because he's an artist, and he's being... well... creative.

Look, at the end of the day, there's nothing we can do about who wins and who doesn't.

And actually between all 3 albums, folklore IS the most deserving of AOTY.

I'm just saying that Taylor herself did NOT need ANOTHER AOTY win to validate her artistry.

She wrote and released an album during a pandemic.

So what?

Lots of people did.

Thank you and goodnight ari4

OH WOW! The way you came in with the good receipts. Yet, Swifties remain blind towards their psycho-fave who is most definitely OBSESSED with awards (she doesn’t deserve in the first place).

While ambition and obsession can be similar, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Taylor doesn't feel entitled to Grammy's in a way. I totally get the desire to be acknowledged in a big way for the work you do as an artist, I feel like everyone has that to some degree or another. But she sorta comes in with this "I better win a Grammy" sort of attitude when on that front she's already found massive acclaim really early on.

That said, it's wrong as hell for some y'all to fault Taylor for her win!

I do not agree with either of her previous AOTY wins (especially 1989, imagine thinking it was more worthy than To Pimp A Butterfly or Beauty Behind The Madness), but folklore was a quality record and deserves it's acclaim wholeheartedly.

25 minutes ago, Strobo said:

While ambition and obsession can be similar, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Taylor doesn't feel entitled to Grammy's in a way. I totally get the desire to be acknowledged in a big way for the work you do as an artist, I feel like everyone has that to some degree or another. But she sorta comes in with this "I better win a Grammy" sort of attitude when on that front she's already found massive acclaim really early on.

And to me, this is enough to utterly despise her. She reeks of absolute narcissism looking at this and her previous actions with regards to feuds. It’s her entitlement for acclaim and her victim-complex that just make her unbearable for me.

That and also the fact that a good bunch of her music is below subpar and has received undeserving acknowledgement over much more creative music.

23 minutes ago, Madonna said:

And to me, this is enough to utterly despise her. She reeks of absolute narcissism looking at this and her previous actions with regards to feuds. It’s her entitlement for acclaim and her victim-complex that just make her unbearable for me.

That and also the fact that a good bunch of her music is below subpar and has received undeserving acknowledgement over much more creative music.

I totally get it and that's how I used to be with her. It took me until folklore/evermore to really give her a proper shot, but you're so right about how off-putting she comes off.

She does seem like a better/more mature person nowadays, but I found her truly unbearable and overrated until Lover. rip4 At least now she seems all about the music, instead of the drama and acclaim.

12 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I totally get it and that's how I used to be with her. It took me until folklore/evermore to really give her a proper shot, but you're so right about how off-putting she comes off.

She does seem like a better/more mature person nowadays, but I found her truly unbearable and overrated until Lover. rip4 At least now she seems all about the music, instead of the drama and acclaim.

Very true.

I do agree that her current approach and the way she presents herself is a little less off-putting, but I still don’t believe it’s particularly genuine. She probably realized she’s gotta change her approach to get what she wants. I think she is still the same manipulative and calculating snake she has always been. She just doesn’t show it as much anymore.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, BabyMario44 said:

As it should! default_eve1.gif

OT: Folklore deserves nothing. Chromatica should've won instead! default_eve1.gif

Talent always should win! 

#ISaidWhatISaid 

I bop to Chromatica and absolutely adore it... but sweetie... No. 

On 3/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, Strobo said:

I do not agree with either of her previous AOTY wins (especially 1989, imagine thinking it was more worthy than To Pimp A Butterfly or Beauty Behind The Madness), but folklore was a quality record and deserves it's acclaim wholeheartedly.

This. TPAB is one o the most acclaimed album of all time and THE most acclaimed rap album of all time. I know 99% of FOTP doesn't care for male rappers but just look up the impact and acclaim that album had. It deserved that AOTY award. 

Honestly, I was rooting FN to win but I'm not  mad at Taylor's win. Folklore's a good album and my fave after FN. Honestly, irrespective of who we were rooting for, we should be celebrating the fact that Bieber didn't win anything for his awful album. So let's celebrate that moo6

5 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The fact that she totally made a Grammy bait album after Reputation and Lover didn't get any noms for AOTY  rip4

Grammy bait album? Doesn’t feel like it 

6 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The fact that she totally made a Grammy bait album after Reputation and Lover didn't get any noms for AOTY  rip4

Does she expect to be nominated in the big categories and win them everytime she releases an album?? The entitlement dead1

dOeS sHe eXpEcT tO WiN eVeRyTiMe moo3 like pleaseee, are we forgetting how Dua sent out "For Your Consideration" bags including signed CDs and merch to tons of Recording Academy members? lol3  Taylor literally did zero promo / campaigning for folklore and yet you still find ways to discredit her lol3  

What even is this "Grammy bait" argument?

Even as a brand new Taylor fan I can easily tell folklore was a very natural progression and culmination of her whole career.

Like, wtf does Grammy bait mean? Good music?

3 minutes ago, Strobo said:

What even is this "Grammy bait" argument?

Even as a brand new Taylor fan I can easily tell folklore was a very natural progression and culmination of her whole career.

Like, wtf does Grammy bait mean? Good music?

No, going for the type of music the old white men on the panel eat up. You know...folk/acoustic/country shit.

Kacey Musgraves, Beck, Norman Fucking Rockwell!, 25, 21

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

No, going for the type of music the old white men on the panel eat up. You know...folk/acoustic/country shit.

Kacey Musgraves, Beck, Norman Fucking Rockwell!, 25, 21

Don't you like Lana Del Rey's music though? Does that make doing music like that a bad thing?

Why dislike folklore then if you consider it similar to, say, NFR?

I'm not trying to clock you or anything, I'm just not sure I understand the issue here.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.