Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

Poster Girl Flopped to Oblivion. Why?

6132d813-37a8-482c-96f8-0fa019cc6760.jpg

Zara Larsson's new album Poster Girl dropped recently and it's debuts around the globe show a major decline even for her typical chart standards. Her previous album So Good was a decent global success, reaching the top 10 in many countries such as Australia, Denmark, the Netherlands, and the UK. The album even managed to perform decently above expectations in larger markets, most notably in the US where it got up to #26. Backed by quite a few internationally recognized songs (especially the track Lush Life which made it to the top 10 in pretty much every major market other than the US where it only managed to get to 75, but hey it charted on the main chart which is not something every pop girl say) and massive streaming numbers (the album as it stands has well over 1b streams, with Lush Life alone almost being at 1b). 

Flash forward to 2021 with the release of her new album and it's a massively different story. The album has flopped pretty much across the board. It failed to chart in most of the European markets that latched onto So Good, didn't manage to reach #1 in Larsson's home country, couldn't get into the UK top 10, and debuted at an embarrassing #170 on the Billboard 200. None of the album's singles save for the lead, released all the way back in 2018, has made any noise, failing to chart in most places (contrasted to most of the So Good singles at least charting in multiple countries) and failing to show impressive streaming (again, the 2.5 year old lead being the exception). Most every track that wasn't released ahead of the album failed to even gain 1 million streams debut week, something even the relatively unknown and far less established Madison Beer managed to accomplish with her album. 

So, what happened between 2017 and now to see Zara fall so far off? Not that So Good was a blockbuster but it was a solid start and seemed to indicate she'd continue to rise rather than falling with a thud on the follow up. 

3 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

She honestly was never that big here in Sweden either true1 

It's easy to see why she flopped. She worked with Justin Tranter and people close to Max Martin. Granted they may be hitmakers but they're both very formulaic in style and when you're a new artist getting started you need something fresh and different, not a microwave ready meal... 

35 minutes ago, Wonho said:

TikTwatters have no tastes.

tenor.gif

Give her time, she will make it there.

Girl... i don't know anyone in my generation who's checking for Sahara Tarzan. 

tenor.gif

It's mostly 40 year old virgins who seem to want to make her a thing. 

tenor.gif

Just now, Billie Frank said:

Girl... i don't know anyone in my generation who's checking for Sahara Marzon. 

tenor.gif

It's mostly 40 year old virgins who seem to want to make her a thing. 

tenor.gif

Your de-generation would rather stan irrelevant unemployed cruise ship singers like Girs Are Loud and The Flopperdays... GodRa at least has a unique voice.

tenor.gif

I wish I was a virgin again, touched for the very first time.

tenor.gif

Just now, Wonho said:

Your de-generation would rather stan irrelevant unemployed cruise ship singers like Girs Are Loud and The Flopperdays... GodRa at least has a unique voice.

tenor.gif

Girls Err Loud are mostly stanned by millennials rather than Gen-z, they were most popular between 2002 and 2009. 

tenor.gif

My generation stan Billy's Eyelash and Dulas Peeps. 

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Girls Err Loud are mostly stanned by millennials rather than Gen-z, they were most popular between 2002 and 2009. 

tenor.gif

My generation stan Billy's Eyelash and Dulas Peeps. 

Most generations stan those two though, otherwise they wouldn't have bagged Granites...

tenor.gif

Your de-generation stans this type of music...:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Reveal hidden contents

It really doesn't. I'm offended by this comment and have rihported it for ray sis ism and hoe moo fobe ahh. 

1 minute ago, Wonho said:

Excited to see if FOTP's Next Top Reporter will be a veiny hand's stan or a cheek implant's stan. lol2

No it'll be Fish Lips stan ISlate4Sex

odMVqNZ.gif

50 minutes ago, Wonho said:

Most generations stan those two though, otherwise they wouldn't have bagged Granites...

tenor.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe Gen-Z really is the worst generation... bebe1

But honestly, the only reason this even got streams was because of Nicki. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.