Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Demi reveals she felt 'discouraged' after Skyscraper didn't get her a Grammy

0x8C17L.png

She said she avoids revisiting her subsequent two albums, “Demi” (2013) and “Confident” (2015). “I don’t know if it’s because it reminds me of the people that were in my life during those times or if it just doesn’t feel that authentic to myself,” she said. “I had really believed in myself after putting ‘Skyscraper’ out, for the Grammys. I was like, I might have a shot now! And then I put out another album — nothing.”

Discouraged by the reaction, she recalibrated. “So I dove into, all right, what is the formula for a pop star that’s top of the charts?” She counted off the criteria on her right hand: “She shows her skin, she’s a lot fitter, and you know, she wears leotards onstage. So I played that role for a minute. And that didn’t fulfill me at all.”

x

12 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Sad she did that to herself; people need to stop relying on a GRAMMY win as validation, etc.

This!

22 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Why are all her album promo campaigns about trying to make people feel bad for her I just don't understand 

De-me!me!me! Lovato

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

OMG don't say "bitch" in Deme!me!me! presence. She may accuse you of using a transphobic slur

I identify as a gender reveal party rose1 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

I identify as a gender reveal party rose1 

demi1 I identify as a Skyscraper - aesthetically displeasing, imposing and with no awards to my name

28 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Why are all her album promo campaigns about trying to make people feel bad for her I just don't understand 

thats how she rolls.. she always does this, the dos a documentary about her stuggles, she relapses in some kinds and she starts to talk about thinks no one asked for 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.