Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Demi reveals she felt 'discouraged' after Skyscraper didn't get her a Grammy

I can understand the domino effect of life that has brought her here. It's way too common of a story.

She was groomed by the industry at a young age and therefore was introduced to party culture at the same time. Demi felt the pressure of a not only a team of her handlers but also from studio execs and tabloids. Add social media into the mix because that's a worse form of the tabloids in some aspects. All of this when she has mental health issues and is desperately looking for ways to feel validated. If I get this award. If I my single goes top 10. If I can work with this producer. If I drop 20 pounds and get extensions.

She's a broken human being who hasn't known real peace since she was a very young child and she's still young. I hope she's able to come at her career from a different place now and do what makes her happy, not what she thinks people expect from her. Not what people are pressuring her to do.

4 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Sad she did that to herself; people need to stop relying on a GRAMMY win as validation, etc.

IKR? Like it’s just an award dead1 Kinda looks like some of them artists are doing music for awards, not for fans like they claimed jj4 

8 minutes ago, Urbi said:

IKR? Like it’s just an award dead1 Kinda looks like some of them artists are doing music for awards, not for fans like they claimed jj4 

Which is disappointing. Artists should make music for themselves and their audience, not for the gratification of the award. That should be an additive bonus if achieved, which I am sure will make it that much more meaningful.

Skyscraper deserved a Grammy nomination at least. The 2013 eponymous album deserved many nominations too. But she knew very well that the Grammys won't really consider an artist for a nomination if their offerings are under Disney. For the committee, it's like nominating a children's lullaby. Which is very ironic considering that know they seem to want to include a TikTok category, fuvkin hell.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.