Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Initial thoughts on Chemtrails Over the Country Club

If this doesn't already exist, this thread is for any opinions you have on the album, released today. 

For me so far she should've re recorded the White Dess Vocsls. It sounds like she was either sick or lost her voice from attempting Xtina screams. 

1 hour ago, Kuchisabishii said:

For me so far she should've re recorded the White Dess Vocsls. It sounds like she was either sick or lost her voice from attempting Xtina screams. 

The raspy, weary vocals were definitely an intentional aesthetic choice. I appreciate it — it makes the song feel more gritty and personal

I honestly really love it. I'm tbh more into it on first listen than I was NFR on first listen. There's only one song I don't really love tbh. If this doesn't end up as my #1 Lana album, I think it'll be a close #2. 

Very strong release with some of her best songs ever recorded - Tulsa Jesus Freak, Wild At Heart, Dark But Just a Game - and I definitely see it becoming one of my top 3 Lana’s albums. It’s not going to hook you instantly, but it’s going to slowly release its beauty. 

Easily her worst and least memorable album but it’s not HORRIBLE HORRIBLE cause it’s Lana and she always has a certain level of excellence.

There really isn’t anything spectacular on this album though. No clear standout and overall it just feels like NFR leftovers.

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Easily her worst and least memorable album but it’s not HORRIBLE HORRIBLE cause it’s Lana and she always has a certain level of excellence.

There really isn’t anything spectacular on this album though. No clear standout and overall it just feels like NFR leftovers.

Aside from Tulsa Jesus Freak and the title track, I agree. I was thoroughly reminded of NFR the whole time which made me dislike it even more. fall3

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

I feel like I don't even need to hear this album to know that your comments are true.

Honeysnooze was a riot compared to this.

Just now, Madonna said:

Honeymoon seems somewhat inspired and energetic compared to Cumtrails. I am genuinely shocked.

rip2 You could say the same about NFR, but at least that had Doin' Time aka that album's High By The Beach.

Does this album even have anything approaching mid-tempo?

17 minutes ago, LÉON said:

rip2 You could say the same about NFR, but at least that had Doin' Time aka that album's High By The Beach.

Does this album even have anything approaching mid-tempo?

Idk but it's only good song is TJF rip2 

29 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Your post, or the album? dead2

my post wat2 i didn't even check to see that "for free" was a collab and i posted how different her voice sounded, then i realized- wat2

1 hour ago, Shego said:

my post wat2 i didn't even check to see that "for free" was a collab and i posted how different her voice sounded, then i realized- wat2

wat3 dead.

She should give this album away For Free.mp3 tbh

1 hour ago, Shego said:

There's an uncredited collab on another song halfway through the album dead2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.