Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

What is the oldest song you ever heard?

As far as I know, at this moment, I have a vinyl compilation titled Roots of Rock by various artists. Its content are songs from 1927-1937. 

The 1927 song that appears is "That Will Never Happen No More" by Blind Blake. 

Previously, the oldest song I've heard was "Over the Rainbow" by the legend Judy Garland from The Wizard of Oz soundtrack, 1939. 

What about y'all? What's the oldest song that has ever entered your eardrums?

13 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Idk when this was released but...

Hide contents

@august will probably stan this. 

I don't hate it, but it's not something that I stan. nicki5 It's too Scottish-ism. 

This is the sort of music I stan... though they're probably not the oldest I've heard:

14 minutes ago, august said:

I don't hate it, but it's not something that I stan. nicki5 It's too Scottish-ism. 

This is the sort of music I stan... though they're probably not the oldest I've heard:

Anyway to answer seriously probably this... @Kuchisabishii will have heard this one too as his fave sampled it.

1 minute ago, august said:

On September 14, 1814, Francis Scott Key pens a poem which is later set to music and in 1931 becomes America's national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner."

Unless, there's an older national anthem, this should be everyone's answer... nicki5

God Save The Queen/King dates back to 1745. nicki5

Old Lang Syne goes back to 1711 and was covered by Moo.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, august said:

dead1dead1dead1

I can't stand |<3$#@'s music... unless it's Timbre, it's the only exception. rih1

Remember when she released Praying and everyone got fooled thinking she could "sing". rih1

Are you happy, I've used the UK spelling? @Billie Frankrih1

No because in the UK at least Timbre and Timber are both words and mean different things. Timbre being a distinct quality in a sound, while Timber is a wood. 

I'm guessing you're talking about the Mr Worldwide Kodak Camera Salesman song.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Remember when she released Praying and everyone got fooled thinking she could "sing". rih1

dead4 Screeching, yes.

No because in the UK at least Timbre and Timber are both words and mean different things. Timbre being a distinct quality in a sound, while Timber is a wood. 

I'm guessing you're talking about the Mr Worldwide Kodak Camera Salesman song.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure they spell Timbre as Timber in USA dead4

dead4 Screeching, yes.

Correct. dead4

I'm pretty sure they spell Timbre as Timber in USA dead4

This is Timber. dead4

Acrelane Timber

But the song isn't about wood, sis nicki5

This is actually news to me. I always thought it was about being stuck after a car broke down in a suburb in Aberdeen. 

"the car's broken down, we're in Milltimber"

This is actually news to me. I always thought it was about being stuck after a car broke down in a suburb in Aberdeen. 

"the car's broken down, we're in Milltimber"

I never paid attention to the lyrics, except for the parts I could understand, "Miley Cyrus" & "It's goind down, I'm yelling timbre, you better move, you better dance"...

I thought you were being serious for a second, pulled up genius.com and couldn't find it. I was wondering why Kesha would know about an irrelevant place like Aflopdeen... dead4

I never paid attention to the lyrics, except for the parts I could understand, "Miley Cyrus" & "It's goind down, I'm yelling timbre, you better move, you better dance"...

I thought you were being serious for a second, pulled up genius.com and couldn't find it. I was wondering why Kesha would know about an irrelevant place like Aflopdeen... dead4

At least an actual singer cares about us. Meanwhile Keesha is doing a podcast that can barely get 10K views.

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

At least an actual singer cares about us. Meanwhile Keesha is doing a podcast that can barely get 10K views.

She has large pores, anyway... did you attend any of ha concert? Or your maaaa wasted money on those Tweenies show only? rih1

6 minutes ago, august said:

She has large pores, anyway... did you attend any of ha concert? Or your maaaa wasted money on those Tweenies show only? rih1

No, but this #2 hit with over 1M certified sales is a BOP. lol2

Spoiler

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.