Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

How many times do we have to see Gaga flop before middle aged gays realize she‘s not a thing anymore?

I feel like Gaga is truly a thing aging twinks and bottoms with receding hairlines keep clinging onto to feel like they‘re 16 again. missj1 

Like when old people mention her in attempts to be cool and down with the kids and everyone‘s like...Lady Who? missj1 

„No grandma, Gaga is not cool anymore. Play Ariana instead!“

The face people make when you play Gaga in public:

missj1 

It‘s just so awkward to STAN Gaga in 2021 idk.

16 minutes ago, Madonna said:

EXACTLY 

She was such a product of her time and peaked so early that whenever I see people that stan her on Twitter I always imagine them as 30somethings still being stuck in 2011. Her fandom also seems to be predominantly white so it's just so...missj1

5 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

EXACTLY 

She was such a product of her time and peaked so early that whenever I see people that stan her on Twitter I always imagine them as 30somethings still being stuck in 2011. Her fandom also seems to be predominantly white so it's just so...missj1

Exactly this. missj1 

45 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Okay, Madonna stan missj1

Ikr.... Lol i can't at Madge stans being so pressed at Gaga?? Why?? ny4

Oh, whew, guess who takes the #1 as most pressedT user??? 

And i love BOTH Madge AND Gaga, I'm a Little Monster btw. but please, STOP! 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

The face people make when you play Gaga in public:

missj1 

The same exact face most M stans did when they listened her 2010s recent stuff. GdMUr42.gif 

At least Gaga is still serving bops and she's more talented.  And no she didn't use Ariana for having a hit, Ari has NOTHING to do with Chromatica and ROM success, it's bc both are AMAZING. 

@Kristina yes, M stans proved again they are a BAD fanbase 😂😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, Kristina said:

How many times did we have to see Madonna flop before middle aged gays realized she’s not a thing anymore? missj1 

Nobody believes Madonna is a thing anymore missj1Most stans celebrate her legacy and enjoy the albums she puts out. If anybody thinks she is still the IT girl they're delusional. 

Not everybody is disconnected from reality like LMsmissj1

But this could also be applied to any artists who aren't the most popular of the current time. I...understand what you are trying to do, but it's not really executed right. Especially with Gaga's case, she has flopped several times, but she's still one of the more "senior" pop icon recognized by teens today. A Star Is Born long-year success and Rain on Me being her latest most acclaimed hit by critics and cross-fanbases truly secured her bag. Meanwhile, even Mariah, whom I stan, is only relying on nostalgia aspect of her lore post-2014. Yes she's still making great music, but she doesn't have impact on the market anymore. Fortunately, she has the talent + skill to control her situation in contemporary times so that she won't be viewed as archaic as, say, Cher or Gladys Knight by existing on many social media platforms WHILE releasing new music oriented for the Lambs.

8 hours ago, Madonna said:

Inb4 10 posts in a row saying  „Okay, Madonna stan“ missj1 

Fuck now I gotta think of something else lol3

I don't think Gaga is over in the traditional sense. She's still pretty big, just not as big as in the late 00s and early 10s.

7 hours ago, BabyMario44 said:

Ikr.... Lol i can't at Madge stans being so pressed at Gaga?? Why?? ny4

Oh, whew, guess who takes the #1 as most pressedT user??? 

And i love BOTH Madge AND Gaga, I'm a Little Monster btw. but please, STOP! 

The same exact face most M stans did when they listened her 2010s recent stuff. GdMUr42.gif 

At least Gaga is still serving bops and she's more talented.  And no she didn't use Ariana for having a hit, Ari has NOTHING to do with Chromatica and ROM success, it's bc both are AMAZING. 

@Kristina yes, M stans proved again they are a BAD fanbase 😂😂😂😂

You're a whole hypocrite pushing this "let's stop the stan wars" and this holier than though narrative when you know damn well you'd be all for it if this thread was about Taylor, Selena, Ellie or Lana you'd be all for it. 

57 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Nobody believes Madonna is a thing anymore missj1Most stans celebrate her legacy and enjoy the albums she puts out. If anybody thinks she is still the IT girl they're delusional. 

Not everybody is disconnected from reality like LMsmissj1

But I’m sure they believed she was a thing way after most people forgot about her missj1 

If you look back at all the singers who had longevity most of them didn't peak or start to peak until 4+ years after their debut and on their 3rd or later studio album. I would agree that peaking on your first or second album often sets you up to flop or stagnate. 

Just some random examples... (Based on when they had their first hit)

Ariana Grande: Debut 2013 - Peak 2018 (5 years)

Beyonce (Including DC): Debut 1997 - Peak 2009 (12 years)

Beyonce (Solo Only): Debut 2003 - Peak 2009 (6 years)

Mariah: Debut 1990 - Peak 1995 (5 Years)

Madonna: Debut 1983 - Peak 1989 (6 years)

Taylor: Debut 2006 - Peak 2014 (8 years)

Whitney: Debut 1985 - Peak 1992 (7 years)

If you compare with singers who struggled to maintain chart relevancy.

Avril Lavigne: Debut/Peak 2002 (Debut was her peak)

Jessie J: Debut 2010 - Peak 2011 (1 year)

Katy: Debut 2008 - Peak 2010 (2 years)

Xtina: Debut 1999 - Peak 2002 (3 years)

Literally the most iconic lady of this time

She can sing

She can act

She can dance

She looks GORGEOUS

She’s humble

She does things for a good cause

She literally does nothing to hate on her

What a woman, what a goddess cry0 

I love this woman so much