Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Lil Nas X pacing for a #1 debut

18 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Would i be right in thinking this would be the first #1 debut (and possibly first #1) of a openly gay artist? 

Yeah it would be (I think).

13 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Would i be right in thinking this would be the first #1 debut (and possibly first #1) of a openly gay artist? 

#1 debut yes!

Far from the first #1 though, plenty of queer artists have gone #1, even a lot of our pop girls identify with one of the labels under the LGBTQ+ umbrella. As for openly gay men specifically, the list is shorter but still goes a long way back, an easy prominent one off the top of my head is Elton John with Candle in the Wind (1997).

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

#1 debut yes!

Far from the first #1 though, plenty of queer artists have gone #1, even a lot of our pop girls identify with one of the labels under the LGBTQ+ umbrella. As for openly gay men specifically, the list is shorter but still goes a long way back, an easy prominent one off the top of my head is Elton John with Candle in the Wind (1997).

Ahh yes i forgot about Elton John. I was careful in my wording to state "openly gay" as there are artists such as Freddie Mercury where's it's speculated (and generally accepted) that they were gay/bi but never confirmed by them themselves. 

1 hour ago, Kirjava said:

Good. At least he's doing something interesting, unlike most chart toppers.

This tbh.

I hate with all my heart Old town road  .... but after this song We might stan, pop music and charts needs somethin like this tbh 

4 minutes ago, An Impossible Princess said:

I mean, he played his cards very well...

I genuinely haven't heard the completed song, only remember bits of the teasers.

Yeah, the video is on point but the song is just alright

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.