Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Nike suing over Lil Nas X’s Satan shoes

Satan-Shoes.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Nike on Monday filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against New York-based company MSCHF over its controversial “Satan shoes” collaboration with rapper Lil Nas X.

The shoes are unofficial designs of Nike’s trademark Air Max 97 design, though the shoe company has said it is not involved with the creation or sale of the shoes. The shoes, which contain a drop of human blood in the sole, went on sale Monday for $1,018 per pair. They are decorated with a pentagram and a reference to Luke 10:18, a Bible verse about Satan's fall from heaven.

"Nike filed a trademark infringement and dilution complaint against MSCHF today related to the Satan Shoes," Nike told Fox Business in a statement. "We don't have further details to share on pending legal matters. However, we can tell you we do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF. The Satan Shoes were produced without Nike's approval or authorization, and Nike is in no way connected with this project."

x

On the one hand, I can see Nike's point of view. He didn't have their permission for the logo and that's an issue. That being said...it's very clear why they're really doing it and it's because they don't want the buying public thinking they endorsed something called "satan shoes". People do customized Nike's all the time and sell them and the company doesn't do anything, so it's gotta be that. And I mean...I get it but at the same time it's 666 pairs that are being sold exclusively through him and they're already sold out anyway. That few pairs out of the millions floating around the globe isn't gonna make a damn bit of difference, and no one other than the conservative right are gonna take this satan shoe stuff seriously because people with a brain recognize that it's meant to be fun and humorous. They easily could've...really should've... just left this one alone.

37 minutes ago, Kuchisabishii said:

if theyre gonna sue Nas for these they oughtta sue for the unofficial Jesus shoes too mad5 

It's interesting, but they chose not to sue over the Jesus shoes.

I guess the Satan shoes is giving Nike too much heat and they wanted to make it clear that they're not associated with Nas or the company making the shoes. 

2 hours ago, Snow said:

It's interesting, but they chose not to sue over the Jesus shoes.

I guess the Satan shoes is giving Nike too much heat and they wanted to make it clear that they're not associated with Nas or the company making the shoes. 

And THATs on double standards

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.