Howard Lotor

The Positions Era feels so meh

I can't be the only person that think positions feels so average. Not the music, it's just fine in my eyes (it could've been a lot worse). I'm referring to how Ariana is handling the era. She released the album a week after the single then completely abandoned it in favor of the average at best 34+35, giving the song a boring video and unnecessary remix. She then proceeded to leave the era on auto pilot for a couple months then "released" pov as a single (she really just sent it to radio) months after the hype around the song died out. Given that we're still in a pandemic, I didn't expect some grand promotion like her previous albums but it feels like she isn't even trying. Honestly, I think she's gotten complacent because anything she drops becomes a hit and a number of her fans simply hypes up anything she does or releases and says she "snapped" and "she slays". She's slowly becoming the female Drake and as a fan, that bothers me.  The deluxe is pretty basic too. The new songs feel like unfinished demos that needed to be refined. Just.... the whole era is just....meh

e858ff6516427ee8bfc443f2efa68c23.jpg

28 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I can't be the only person that think positions feels so average. Not the music, it's just fine in my eyes (it could've been a lot worse). I'm referring to how Ariana is handling the era. She released the album a week after the single then completely abandoned it in favor of the average at best 34+35, giving the song a boring video and unnecessary remix. She then proceeded to leave the era on auto pilot for a couple months then "released" pov as a single (she really just sent it to radio) months after the hype around the song died out. Given that we're still in a pandemic, I didn't expect some grand promotion like her previous albums but it feels like she isn't even trying. Honestly, I think she's gotten complacent because anything she drops becomes a hit and a number of her fans simply hypes up anything she does or releases and says she "snapped" and "she slays". She's slowly becoming the female Drake and as a fan, that bothers me.  The deluxe is pretty basic too. The new songs feel like unfinished demos that needed to be refined. Just.... the whole era is just....meh

e858ff6516427ee8bfc443f2efa68c23.jpg

Good point, the era feels meh but 34+35 is great and i really liked the remix, it's very good imo. The only reason the bonus tracks sound like demos it's bc they are short, but are good. POV should be the next single and then West Side or Safety Net or even Motive should be next. Positions is Ariana's Blackout, y'all have been sleeping on it and it’s really good.

15 minutes ago, Mario said:

Good point, the era feels meh but 34+35 is great and i really liked the remix, it's very good imo. The only reason the bonus tracks sound like demos it's bc they are short, but are good. POV should be the next single and then West Side or Safety Net or even Motive should be next. Positions is really good and i think it's her Dangerous Woman 2.0 and is as good imo, y'all have been sleeping on it. (Positions is Ariana's Blackout imo) 

You really devalue Blackout the way you keep comparing other (not even remotely similar) albums to it jj4

Ariana is my #2 fave. I haven't been excited about her since 2019. 

The last release that excited me was BUWYGIB, everything else she's released since then I've basically snoozed through. It also really help that the deluxe version of Positions is one of the laziest efforts by a pop star in a recent memory and also a quick cash grab to help the album on the charts.

I mean.. Lana's Venice Bitch, a single song, is literally longer than the entirety of the Deluxe combined. @Ariana Grande girl how are you not embarrassed? orangu1

I agree. I really like Ariana but if this is the best she's got then it really isn't it. I liked some of the songs on the album (Positions, Safety Net, Motive, My Hair) but the others are all just forgettable and Positions wasn't worthy of being a lead single, 34+35 should've been a deluxe track at best, preferably not included at all. My dislike for the era is only heightened by how well it's doing on the charts, there's other pop girls who are far more deserving of this success. 

9 minutes ago, Mario said:

It is tho. Best album ever if u ask me :)

Not when Britney Jean exists. 

39 minutes ago, Mario said:

Positions is Ariana's Blackout, y'all have been sleeping on it and it’s really good.

This feels more like shade to Blackout than praise to positions because of how the Stiffneys praise the hell out of Blackout

14 minutes ago, Snow said:

It also really help that the deluxe version of Positions is one of the laziest efforts by a pop star in a recent memory and also a quick cash grab to help the album on the charts.

This was my first thought when the deluxe tracks came out so quickly. She didn't even wait for the album to age properly.

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

My dislike for the era is only heightened by how well it's doing on the charts, there's other pop girls who are far more deserving of this success. 

I think this has made her lazy since she knows she can just drop a track and it'll smash. This is just gonna make her become even lazier moving forward.

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Not when Britney Jean exists. 

Don't Britney stans hate that album?

3 minutes ago, Lynk said:

This feels more like shade to Blackout than praise to positions because of how the Stiffneys praise the hell out of Blackout

i actually LOVE Blackout and it's  AWESOME, the greatest ever imo. but i think what's shady is when i see Taylor/Selena stans on twitter especially calling Positions a "female version of Changes", "ringstones album", "trash" or stuff like that jj4

This is what happens when you get so big that you don't even need promotions cause the songs chart anyway. She doesn't need to do promo cuz she has a huge fanbase. 

Two Lips has to do so much promo cause her songs won't chart otherwise because she doesn't have the fanbase yet and she has to work the song from down up. Ariana drops a song and it goes #1.  So I say enjoy it while it lasts. 

21 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

That and blackout isn't even Britney's best album

Wait what do you think it is because it most definitely is Blackout. The acclaim didn't lie!

OT: Ariana has been lazy musically since tu,n in my opinion. Like she's obviously talented and there's good songs in there but it feels very much like the stereotype people have for pop music as a genre. Shitty fast food meant to be easy and accessible. Not... good. tu,n gets praise because it's personal sure, but let's not act like sonically it's anything interesting or groundbreaking. Positions continues the same.

I don't hate her she's just become very overrated very quickly for releasing music she's definitely capable of doing better.

10 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Two Lips has to do so much promo cause her songs won't chart otherwise because she doesn't have the fanbase yet and she has to work the song from down up. Ariana drops a song and it goes #1.  So I say enjoy it while it lasts. 

dead2

12 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Wait what do you think it is because it most definitely is Blackout. The acclaim didn't lie!

OT: Ariana has been lazy musically since tu,n in my opinion. Like she's obviously talented and there's good songs in there but it feels very much like the stereotype people have for pop music as a genre. Shitty fast food meant to be easy and accessible. Not... good. tu,n gets praise because it's personal sure, but let's not act like sonically it's anything interesting or groundbreaking. Positions continues the same.

I don't hate her she's just become very overrated very quickly for releasing music she's definitely capable of doing better.

At least tu, n felt more lively as an era. But now that I think about it, tu, n wasn't really given much attention either cause the minute the album dropped, the era basically ended.

6 minutes ago, Lynk said:

At least tu, n felt more lively as an era. But now that I think about it, tu, n wasn't really given much attention either cause the minute the album dropped, the era basically ended.

for TU, N i still can't believe she didn't release bloodline, fake smile, make up and in my head as singles. they are all better than BUWYGIB. but Dont Call Me Angel slayed!

Positions is a complete downgrade from thank u, next.

There are good songs on there, but the album is not AOTY worthy AT ALL, and I say this as an Ariana fan.

I was hoping that after the trap/r&b vibes from her previous 2 albums, she'd do something completely different.

I love the fact that she announced and released the album in the same month,

as well as releasing the title track as the first single the week before it, WITH a video at the same time. clap3 

After that, I don't know what the hell happened.

34+35 had some buzz, but she should've tried sending more songs to radio, and doing more music videos for songs the fans love.

She should've done more interviews, instead of like 1 with Zach Sang.

The deluxe was a MESS!

Sending POV to radio now is a wrong choice imo. It should've been either "Safety Net", "Obvious" or maybe a song from the deluxe to promote that.

I'm so annoyed at her doing The Voice now when she could've spent this time promoting the album with a virtual concert or something ari4 

32 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Two Lips has to do so much promo cause her songs won't chart otherwise because she doesn't have the fanbase yet and she has to work the song from down up. 

Umm no, she has a large fanbase that has grown even bigger since the Grammys,

and "We're Good" is currently close 100m streams on Spotify, with a rise in radio plays, with the only promo being a music video ari8 

7 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

Umm no, she has a large fanbase that has grown even bigger since the Grammys,

and "We're Good" is currently close 100m streams on Spotify, with a rise in radio plays, with the only promo being a music video ari8 

I may have worded myself wrongly. Yes she has a large fanbase but it's not one of those dedciated fanbases like Taylor or Ariana that makes whatever they release go to #1. If she had that she would already have multiple #1s and top 5s. But she doesn't yet.

She is reliant on radio and promotion to make a song climb up the charts. She promoted DSN and Levitating to hell and back and that's the only top 5 hits she has. The ones she didn't promote Physical and We're Good flopped for filth. So the fact that you say We're Good doesn't have any promo and also flopped proves my point that she is reliant on promo and radio. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

So the fact that you say We're Good doesn't have any promo and also flopped proves my point that she is reliant on promo and radio. 

It's not flopping. It's literally climbing up the U.S. chart as we speak ari8 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really devalue Blackout the way you keep comparing other (not even remotely similar) albums to it 

I can't be the only person that think positions feels so average. Not the music, it's just fine in my eyes (it could've been a lot worse). I'm referring to how Ariana is handling the era. She released

This is what happens when you get so big that you don't even need promotions cause the songs chart anyway. She doesn't need to do promo cuz she has a huge fanbase.  Two Lips has to do so much pro

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.