Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Strobo

What are your faves best albums and why?

Ariana - Sweetener - Controversial as this may be (for some reason dead1), I enjoyed this album. She felt like she was truly making the music she wanted to make and I can tell she enjoyed creating it. Plus the album has some of the best songs she's ever recorded like GIAW, NTLTC, GNAG, etc. Also, let not act like the album wasn't the catalyst for her pop dominance.

Rihanna - Anti - Fuck Rated R (Not really lol). I mean Rated R is good but Anti is next level. Anti is a masterpiece is every sense of the word. It's a beautiful body of work that explores a number of themes  and explores so many genres like dancehall, R&B, rock, psychedelic pop and so on. Every song serves a purpose and doesn't feel like filler or feel out of place on the album. It's gonna be hard to beat an album like this but she sure can try.

Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream - Miguel really said "Lemme just make one the best R&B albums of the 2010s". I mean beyond Adorn, songs like Candles In The Sun, How Many Drinks, Don't Look Back are timeless. Hell, even Pussy Is Mine is amazing. The whole album from the sound, the lyrics, the aesthetic, the vocals are just... Ohh them vocals. Some of your fave male singers wished they sounded half as good as Miguel. The album overall is just perfect. Shame it was mostly neglected at the Grammys.

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly - If you even remotely follow Hip Hop throughout the 2010s then I don't need to explain why TPAB is my fave Kendrick album or really one of my fave albums of all time. Everything about the album is chef's kiss from Kendrick's flow, his bars, the themes of the album, the sound, the poem he recites towards the end of the album. Even the DAMN (hehe) album cover. There's a reason why this one of the highest rated albums on metacritic ever. Deserved the AOTY Grammy over 1989. I say that with my whole chest but some of you aren't ready for that conversation.

Jessica Simpson - In This Skin, the ballads are so good, her studio voice is better than 13/14 of the faves, I typed what I typed. 

Britney - Blackout, no bad songs.

Xtina - Debut moo1 It's well produced, her vocals are controlled and it gives me tons of nostalgia. I grew up listening to GIAB, WAGW and COOB. 

Kylie - Body Language, it sounds the most unique and different from her other albums. Slow aged like wine.

Taylor - reputation, that album made me a stan. true1

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black obviously true1

Avril - Let Go, nostalgia rav3 I'm With You is a masterpiece, and Anything But Ordinary.

Charli_XCX_-_True_Romance.png

A masterpiece beginning to end. Like any classic, ahead of its time (she worked with Bloodpop years before major pop starts did), brave (she decided against including hits like 'I Love It' or 'Boom Clap') and just all around an iconic piece of work that the blogs are still writing about to this day. brit7 

3 hours ago, Royalty said:

Meet me outside in the parking lot, let’s see if you still have a big mouth then meg1 

I'll always have a big mouth for you, alright... moo8

Your lips upon my lips...

Your fingertips on my fingertips..

Your dxck inside my thing (that doesn't rhyme but ok)

Will be the

mad10

5 minutes ago, An Impossible Princess said:

I'll always have a big mouth for you, alright... moo8

Your lips upon my lips...

Your fingertips on my fingertips..

Your dxck inside my thing (that doesn't rhyme but ok)

Will be the

mad10

Floppica Irrelevantison oprah15 

19 minutes ago, august said:

Britney - Blackout, no bad songs.

Kylie - Body Language, it sounds the most unique and different from her other albums. Slow aged like wine.

Avril - Let Go, nostalgia rav3 I'm With You is a masterpiece, and Anything But Ordinary.

YESS and also love to see Body Language getting love and the recognition it deserves!! 

8 minutes ago, An Impossible Princess said:

SHUT UP SHE IS AN ICON SHE IS A LEGEND BUT SHE IS NOT SOMEBODY THAT YOU REALLY TALK ABOUT ALL THE TIME Y'KNOW!!!! oprah13

SHE IS NOT THE MOMENT COME ON NOW oprah15 

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (2013)

This album is what made me become the little monster I am today. This album has so many different emotions that I understand and/or relate to and the production is out of this world! (Galaxy, space and time!). I used to not listen to Lady Gaga at all, so I had no respect for her and her talent. Being an EDM fan, I would listen to other kinds of artists who did EDM music like Calvin Harris and Alan Walker (I still do today). The first time I even heard Lady Gaga's name, I thought it was so weird. When I first saw ARTPOP last year (in 2020), I was disgusted by the cover. But after listening to Swine, I fell in love with Gaga. Eventually, I listened to all of ARTPOP in one time. It was amazing! On top of that, the artRAVE was such an amazing show! Maybe it didn't gross as much as her previous tours, but it's still showstopping! ARTPOP made me respect Gaga so much more and I will be forever glad that I discovered ARTPOP! I will always remember how this album made me who I am today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.